CREW TECH Computer and electronics dorks come complain about stuff here

TS
TS
the_antsy_honda

the_antsy_honda

Sir, I protest...
Dec 17, 2001
California
They list numerous bundles with varying discounts that are priced way more than buying the GPU and CPU separately. The 6950XT and 7950X show a $525 discount on the bundle, but if you buy them separately it's only $150 off, which is still a decent discount, but not the $525 they say...
Let me tell you a story. A story about last night. I went to my local Raley's grocery store to get dinner and some essentials. They advertised their rotisserie chickens as, "Buy one, get one free!" with an ADVERTISED price of $15.99 single unit price. Whatever, it's a stupid marketing tactic, I get it. I figured okay, this is weird but whatever, that comes out to $8 each and I don't want to go to costco and we'd get 2 anyway (my son is 11 and eats like a pig)

So I go to get my groceries checked out. The first chicken goes on the screen as $9.99 with a $1.99 discount. So it is effectively $8. The marketing implied you must pay $16 for single item price so you must buy 2 chickens to get the full discount. Which obviously was a lie, because a single chicken rang up as $8.

:mad:

CPTMULLET

OT Supporter
Jun 30, 2008
shitpost city
Let me tell you a story. A story about last night. I went to my local Raley's grocery store to get dinner and some essentials. They advertised their rotisserie chickens as, "Buy one, get one free!" with an ADVERTISED price of $15.99 single unit price. Whatever, it's a stupid marketing tactic, I get it. I figured okay, this is weird but whatever, that comes out to $8 each and I don't want to go to costco and we'd get 2 anyway (my son is 11 and eats like a pig)

So I go to get my groceries checked out. The first chicken goes on the screen as $9.99 with a $1.99 discount. So it is effectively $8. The marketing implied you must pay $16 for single item price so you must buy 2 chickens to get the full discount. Which obviously was a lie, because a single chicken rang up as $8.

:mad:
Does rallys not make it obvious on the tag? Safeway always makes it super obvious

TS
TS
the_antsy_honda

the_antsy_honda

Sir, I protest...
Dec 17, 2001
California
Does rallys not make it obvious on the tag? Safeway always makes it super obvious
This was a promo sign. The tags on the actual chicken were a barcode and then a date. I just haven't got a chicken from them in a while, last I checked a single chicken was around $9, so I thought that inflation just went out of control for them.

Guess they are still $9 and they tricked me into buying 2 with a slight discount :mad:

• Haha
Reactions: CPTMULLET

LancerV

Buttslut sighting
OT Supporter
Sep 16, 2003
For the people using earphones, does anyone use foam tips? I bought a bunch from Comply like 10+ years ago for my Ultimate Ears Triple.Fi 10s. Anything better / cheaper these days?
Pretty much comply the main supplier, even came with my Shure highend IEMs by default

LancerV

Buttslut sighting
OT Supporter
Sep 16, 2003
We want to get a bigger TV, we just have a poverty TCL 55"... would 65" feel a lot bigger? that's still dirt cheap... vs like $600+ for a 65" name brand TV
You got a big wall?

Nebula Anker Capsule 3 Laser 1080p, Smart, Wi-Fi, Mini Projector, Black, Portable Projector, Dolby Digital, Laser Projector, Autofocus, 120-Inch Picture, Built-in Battery, 2.5 Hours of Playtime https://a.co/d/fjksV7u

Scoob_13

Hello Nice FBI Lady
Oct 5, 2001
Howdy Arabia
In other news, I need to find a principal cloud architect - if someone wants to reach out to their friend network and see if someone wants to job hop and knows GCP or AWS, and is deeply technical, PM me with some details.

I’ll pony up cash for a referral if it works out.

For what it’s worth, they need to know wtf they’re talking about and we go deep on certain technologies, architectural concepts and strategies, and communication abilities.

@whatever @Foo @Section8

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman