CREW TECH Computer and electronics dorks come complain about stuff here

TS
TS
the_antsy_honda

the_antsy_honda

This is the story of a little ship...
Dec 17, 2001
California
Just for fun to see if any W11 updates fucked anything, I ran the 10m CBR23 test again with all default settings and the silent fan profile.

Max temp was 92c, seemed to settle in around 86c, scored 30650 ish

Maybe it's really hot in breakfast bean land or idk how he got a lower score with an OC even than my default setting

Reactions: yonson

Niccolo-daddy

Dec 16, 2004
For the people using earphones, does anyone use foam tips? I bought a bunch from Comply like 10+ years ago for my Ultimate Ears Triple.Fi 10s. Anything better / cheaper these days?
oh man I remember buying those cheap af on amazon due to some deal or mistake or smthn about 10-12 yrs ago. good times. comply still seems to be the way to go from what I see.

TS
TS
the_antsy_honda

the_antsy_honda

Dec 17, 2001
California
Does google make pixel-like tablets? One of the things that always turns me off on tablets is the goofy proprietary shit like samsung

yonson

OT sux...
OT Supporter
Jul 25, 2006
Motor City...
Ahhh, yeah. I've used an old laptop with ubuntu on it for something like that for years. I hate using my phone for browsing the internet etc... My last stint in the hospital confirmed that. by the end of the first day I was wishing I had brought my laptop :rofl:

Reactions: the_antsy_honda
TS
TS
the_antsy_honda

the_antsy_honda

Dec 17, 2001
California
Ahhh, yeah. I've used an old laptop with ubuntu on it for something like that for years. I hate using my phone for browsing the internet etc... My last stint in the hospital confirmed that. by the end of the first day I was wishing I had brought my laptop :rofl:
I have a laptop, but the reality is i don't even want to use the keyboard that much. I'm cool with swype gestures to type our words, and I like being able to "write things down" or draw out a diagram when explaining something.

bearsdidit

May 8, 2004
San Diego, CA
I have a laptop, but the reality is i don't even want to use the keyboard that much. I'm cool with swype gestures to type our words, and I like being able to "write things down" or draw out a diagram when explaining something.
I got an Ipad for a very similar use case but it doesn't get used much. I love the iphone interface and I was hoping the ipad would be an extension of that. However, it feels kinda clunky and the ergonomics are kinda wack.

jojomcdougal

All proceeds to go literacy.
OT Supporter
Feb 1, 2008
INW
I use mine a lot when I travel but otherwise, it'll go days without use. It sucks to have a $600 paperweight.

My uses for it are rapidly dwindling. I think it's pretty much down to spare-monitor-for-laptop-when-traveling, so it's now just doing the job of a much less expensive device.

It saw a lot of use as a kitchen TV for a while until I got a Google Nest Hub Max, and now the iPad mostly collects dust.

Last edited:

jojomcdougal

All proceeds to go literacy.
OT Supporter
Feb 1, 2008
INW
Oh, and sometimes I use it for reading comic books like a fucking nerd.

I'll deal with the smaller screen for reading websites on the phone because typing on an iPad is awful, but comics need full-page and sometimes two-page views.

I guess if I replaced it with a portable USB monitor it would still have that one function that isn't done better by some other device I own.

sans_pants

I don't want any damn vegetables
May 2, 2002
i use a tablet as at my standing desk (with a mount arm) for watching drawing tutorials and looking at references, or ill sit and read comics with it

dunno how people hold them while watching movies and stuff, but i also dont watch long form content on my phone and specifically buy small phones

Reactions: the_antsy_honda

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman