CREW TECH Computer and electronics dorks come complain about stuff here

CPTMULLET

OT Supporter
Jun 30, 2008
shitpost city
Oh, and sometimes I use it for reading comic books like a fucking nerd.

I'll deal with the smaller screen for reading websites on the phone because typing on an iPad is awful, but comics need full-page and sometimes two-page views.

I guess if I replaced it with a portable USB monitor it would still have that one function that isn't done better by some other device I own.
oh good point, I use my iPad for manuals once every other month

Reactions: jojomcdougal

Hisma

OT Supporter
Apr 2, 2006
Reno, NV
@LancerV if you ever managed to get anywhere with proxmox, I was watching a random yt video and the guy mentions this github repo with tons of useful helper scripts -

Has links to really useful LXC container installs (home assistant/wireguard/etc), and some nice scripts that make proxmox more useable.
At minimum you should run the post-isntall script that gets rid of the license nag pop-up. IT also looks like it checks for updates and applies them automatically. So good to run when a new version comes out (7.3 was just released a few days ago).
First link under "proxmox tools"
:cool:

XR250rdr

OT Supporter
Mar 1, 2004
Ca
I wouldn’t give any person I hate anything with 4GB dimms.
If I was giving someone I hated a computer it would be the Precision 5810 I have sitting around. It is the most finicky computer I've dealt with in the past 20 years regarding getting video output. Swap a video card...need to reboot 20 times to get it to display anything.

TS
TS
the_antsy_honda

the_antsy_honda

This is the story of a little ship...
Dec 17, 2001
California
wtf really?
You can have it do

But without that feature you gotta do this

yonson

OT sux...
OT Supporter
Jul 25, 2006
Motor City...
Didn't u just get a 13700k :rofl:
This is for my work machine (if I actually go pick it up Saturday). The 13700K is for my sim rig. Which I just finished getting every put into the case. Tech Jesus was right, the Torrent compact is a PITA to cable manage and I didn't even have any RGB. Having the PSU up top made the GPU cables a PITA, I can't find my extra 24 cable combs so they look like shit, but IDGAF because I'll never be looking at it anyway...

13700K_torrent_compact.jpg

wabash9000

Dec 27, 2006
Olathe, KS
Think this is worth it for $400? I really want a bigger ultrawide :o
https://www.gigabyte.com/Monitor/G34WQC#kf
+

I have that monitor and it looks really good. Only problem I have with it is the built in power supply. I prefer to have the laptop style bricks, mostly so that it can be replaced if the power supply fails, but there is a very faint coil whine from the power supply that I can hear. Wouldn't be an issue for most people with normal ears.

Hisma

OT Supporter
Apr 2, 2006
Reno, NV
added a chinese pcie KVM card to my PC, bc... why the hell not? ibspyware
1669275332538.png

It's a rpi4 cm module that plugs into my PCIE slot, and connects to the PCs internal HDMI connector. It even comes with a little oled display that gives you the IP address & other useful stats, so the device is pretty much plug n play.

Here's a review -

Now I have IPMI on my PC.

CPTMULLET

OT Supporter
Jun 30, 2008
shitpost city
added a chinese pcie KVM card to my PC, bc... why the hell not? ibspyware
View attachment 279582

It's a rpi4 cm module that plugs into my PCIE slot, and connects to the PCs internal HDMI connector. It even comes with a little oled display that gives you the IP address & other useful stats, so the device is pretty much plug n play.

Here's a review -

Now I have IPMI on my PC.

Oh shit that's cool :hmm:

Hisma

OT Supporter
Apr 2, 2006
Reno, NV
Oh shit that's cool :hmm:
tbh its fairly useless on my gaming pc, aside from situations where I want to dick around w/ the bios. but its great for home server setups using consumer-grade hw & don't have IPMI ports. I use the IPMI feature on my home server a lot. I mainly got this bc I thought it was cool & wanted to see how the tech worked. It's legit

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman