CREW TECH Computer and electronics dorks come complain about stuff here

CheeseDanish

Aug 24, 2004
Nothing exciting for me as far as Black Friday deals.

Picked up a 1tb Samsung 980 Pro NVME with heatsink for $120 since I had a $100 gift card

Missed out on that Dell Alienware 34" Ultrawide OLED monitor refurb for $800...maybe next year, also assuming OLED computer monitors are gonna be a thing now ..I'll wait for it to mature a bit more.

What did you guys get?

Reactions: bearsdidit

Hisma

OT Supporter
Apr 2, 2006
Reno, NV

Picked up a 1tb Samsung 980 Pro NVME with heatsink for $120 since I had a $100 gift card

Missed out on that Dell Alienware 34" Ultrawide OLED monitor refurb for $800...maybe next year, also assuming OLED computer monitors are gonna be a thing now ..I'll wait for it to mature a bit more.

What did you guys get?

• Haha
Reactions: yonson

bearsdidit

May 8, 2004
San Diego, CA
added a chinese pcie KVM card to my PC, bc... why the hell not? ibspyware
View attachment 279582

It's a rpi4 cm module that plugs into my PCIE slot, and connects to the PCs internal HDMI connector. It even comes with a little oled display that gives you the IP address & other useful stats, so the device is pretty much plug n play.

Here's a review -

Now I have IPMI on my PC.

That would’ve been really nice for my mining rigs.

bearsdidit

May 8, 2004
San Diego, CA

What did you guys get?
Nothing computer related but picked up some bedding from Parachute and clothing from Lululemon and Jcrew.

Hisma

OT Supporter
Apr 2, 2006
Reno, NV
Nothing computer related but picked up some bedding from Parachute and clothing from Lululemon and Jcrew.
true, I bought some new jeans on denimio. The denim thread inspired me :o
an olive colored pair of onis and some studio d artisan blue jeans. Strong dollar + weak yen has made jap denim so affordable. I remember only a couple years ago any pair of studio d artisans was easily $350+. Got both pairs for ~$200 each.

bearsdidit

May 8, 2004
San Diego, CA
true, I bought some new jeans on denimio. The denim thread inspired me :o
an olive colored pair of onis and some studio d artisan blue jeans. Strong dollar + weak yen has made jap denim so affordable. I remember only a couple years ago any pair of studio d artisans was easily $350+. Got both pairs for ~$200 each.
I saw some jeans on denimio that I really liked but had a hard time pulling the trigger. It’s been a long time since I bought decent denim. It’s been an incredibly expensive month with a trip to Hawaii earlier in the month and an impulse purchase of a pair of Alden Indy’s.

Hisma

OT Supporter
Apr 2, 2006
Reno, NV
I saw some jeans on denimio that I really like but hard a hard time pulling the trigger. It’s been a long time since I bought decent denim. It’s been an incredibly expensive month with a trip to Hawaii earlier in the month and an impulse purchase of a pair of Alden Indy’s.
yeah only reason I went for it is I've broken in my weird guys & they're looking a little worn out. Then seeing how cheap the formally expensive brands were made me go for it. Really curious how noticeable the difference in quality will be between sda & n&f. They're almost the same price now which is crazy.

bearsdidit

May 8, 2004
San Diego, CA
yeah only reason I went for it is I've broken in my weird guys & they're looking a little worn out. Then seeing how cheap the formally expensive brands were made me go for it. Really curious how noticeable the difference in quality will be between sda & n&f. They're almost the same price now which is crazy.
My last pair of “nice” jeans were nudies from god bows how long ago. I love raw denim but between not know my sizing/measurements and dad bod, it’s an uphill battle. Hope you enjoy, amigo!

lowfat

The Dragon Reborn
OT Supporter
Oct 27, 2003
Grande Prairie, AB, Can
Reminds me. Have a pair of wierd guys in very good shape I need to throw on Marketplace. Will put them up for free. I'm too fat for them now. :wtc:

• Sad
Reactions: Hisma

Hisma

OT Supporter
Apr 2, 2006
Reno, NV
My last pair of “nice” jeans were nudies from god bows how long ago. I love raw denim but between not know my sizing/measurements and dad bod, it’s an uphill battle. Hope you enjoy, amigo!
I stopped spending money on decent clothes for a good 4-5 years. This year tho I'm slowly trying again, mainly bc all my old shit is wearing out. It encourages me to keep myself somewhat in shape since most of what I buy is form-fitting. :o

bearsdidit

May 8, 2004
San Diego, CA
I stopped spending money on decent clothes for a good 4-5 years. This year tho I'm slowly trying again, mainly bc all my old shit is wearing out. It encourages me to keep myself somewhat in shape since most of what I buy is form-fitting. :o
Yah, same here. Between kids, WFH, and not going out much, I got pretty lazy with my clothing. It’s fun to buy new clothing again!

Reactions: Hisma

Users who are viewing this thread

• About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
    OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
    Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
    Guests online
    Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nancy Sherman