Computer and electronics dorks come complain about stuff here

lowfat

The Dragon Reborn
OT Supporter
Oct 27, 2003
Grande Prairie, AB, Can
edit: wtf, when try to embed vid with a timestamp it just deletes the YT address and just leaves the timestamp. :confused:

47:23
this part is hilarious

Code:
https://www.youtube.com/live/B1lfVm7JMFk?feature=share&t=2843

• Haha
Reactions: yonson

yonson

OT sux...
OT Supporter
Jul 25, 2006
Motor City...
edit: wtf, when try to embed vid with a timestamp it just deletes the YT address and just leaves the timestamp. :confused:

47:23
this part is hilarious

Code:
https://www.youtube.com/live/B1lfVm7JMFk?feature=share&t=2843

You can tell Luke was really into playing Silent Bob, I swear I haven't laughed so much at WAN show ever...

Simius The Monkey

Long Live The Republic
OT Supporter
Sep 7, 2005
Minnesota
After setting up my new computer I noticed that my mouse would often not work after the computer woke up from sleep mode. I'd have to unplug it then plug it back in for my mouse to work. After troubleshooting it for a long ass while I finally figured it out and it seems to be working fine now.

Basically I went into device manager and confirmed that sleep wouldn't do its energy saving thing of powering off my mouse. That wasn't the problem. What seems to have been the problem was device manager was automatically turning off my USB hub/USB ports altogether when it went to sleep. So I disabled that under each of the following "Universal Serial Bus Controllers">"Generic USB Gub"/"Inel(R) USB 3.2 eXtensible Host Controller - 1.20 (Microsoft)"/"USB Composite Device"/"USB Root Hub (USB 3.0)"

Then under each of those I went into Properties>Power Management>Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power and unchecked that.

Just a heads up for anyone who happened to have had the same issue as me. Took me much longer to figure it all out than I'd like to admit. But fuck it. I'm good to go now.

TenSteel

*walks in Spanish*
OT Supporter
Nov 11, 2001
San Diego
man why you guys hating on adapters. i still run a DP or HDMI to VGA on something because of limited monitor inputs

also WinAmp > *

Also still rocking Winamp.

I hate the Groove Music thing it whatever the fuck windows 10 has is called
I’m coming from a place with a 20+ year old media library, so I realize that old habits die hard.

Winamp is still good but foobar is definitely more advanced in how customizable it is. For example, it has an integrated plugin that will stream lyrics once I play a song.

I’m out of the house right now, but I’ll post a screenshot later.

Reactions: Souppishdawg

TenSteel

*walks in Spanish*
OT Supporter
Nov 11, 2001
San Diego
Oh shut we’re back to 2005 e-penis measuring contests posting our song folder collections.

I also have about another 50+ gigs of stuff I haven’t properly tagged. Nothing goes into my main FLAC library folder until it’s legit ready with proper tags and file names.

TheEvil1

Hell is other people
OT Supporter
Jul 4, 2003
WNY
I’m coming from a place with a 20+ year old media library, so I realize that old habits die hard.

Winamp is still good but foobar is definitely more advanced in how customizable it is. For example, it has an integrated plugin that will stream lyrics once I play a song.

I’m out of the house right now, but I’ll post a screenshot later.
i freely admit foobar is more advanced, but for what i want a player to be it is simply worse then winamp. all i need is a playlist and a play random function and winamp is perfect for that,

foobar and well all other players also lack a proper window shade mode and they can all fuck off because of that
also i kinda hate the interface

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.13.2 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olegarchy