Computer and electronics dorks come complain about stuff here

Jumpem

Oct 9, 2002
They use a multi lens array tho. Each pixel has its own lens. So better viewing angle uniformity.
Colors are probably trailing the Samsung panels though. At least from what I have been reading about the QD OLED versus LG G3 MLA televisions. :dunno:

I have an LG OLED now, and am curious to see one of the Samsung sets.

lowfat

The Dragon Reborn
OT Supporter
Oct 27, 2003
Grande Prairie, AB, Can
Colors are probably trailing the Samsung panels though. At least from what I have been reading about the QD OLED versus LG G3 MLA televisions. :dunno:

I have an LG OLED now, and am curious to see one of the Samsung sets.
I think the big issue is the white pixel on LG. They need to move to a normal RGB setup.

Reactions: Jumpem

hootpie

Oct 5, 2003
Northern California
Those are stupid expensive. Why not just buy a couple of Ubiquiti U6 Lites?
Short and truthful answer: I don't know what I'm doing :rofl:

Do the U6 Lites extend the Amplifi Alien network? Is it low latency enough for gaming?

Edit: looks like Ubiquiti and Alien lines are not inter-operable.

hootpie

Oct 5, 2003
Northern California
They can mesh like Amplifi but you'd really rant to run a network cable to each access point if possible.

Should be able to game no problem.
My situation is: modem = very far from my work/gaming computer. No way of hardwiring anything, so I'm reliant on going pure wireless.

The Asus GT-6's seem like the best option given they're tri-band, utilize a third 160MHz band (for back-channel), and are supposedly designed with gaming/latency in mind.

bearsdidit

May 8, 2004
San Diego, CA
My situation is: modem = very far from my work/gaming computer. No way of hardwiring anything, so I'm reliant on going pure wireless.

The Asus GT-6's seem like the best option given they're tri-band, utilize a third 160MHz band (for back-channel), and are supposedly designed with gaming/latency in mind.
I drilled holes and ran cat 6 outside in my last rental.😆

Thankfully, I didn’t need to anything extreme when we purchased last year.

XR250rdr

OT Supporter
Mar 1, 2004
Ca
I only had 5 connected RGB devices. No fans since the RGB version of the torrent was non existent at launch.

cev3hoH.jpeg

which sleeving did you use?

TenSteel

*walks in Spanish*
OT Supporter
Nov 11, 2001
San Diego
gl man, hope it works out well for you
If my research is right it should pretty comfortably give me about a 50% uplift in raster performance.

At 1440p ultrawide I’m averaging about 60-70 fps on high detail with demanding games before I turn on DLSS.

I’m hoping ray tracing can be just about par with what my 3060 ti can do, I can live with that.

TenSteel

*walks in Spanish*
OT Supporter
Nov 11, 2001
San Diego
gl man, hope it works out well for you
:bigthumb:

what model is it? :coold:

I'm trying to get a RTX 3080 Turbo (Gigabyte 10GB) for 550 euro, wish me luck :x:
That price is the sweet spot, isn't it? GL my friend.

This card is a 6900 XT that was taken out of an Alienware Mini ITX system.

These were MSI stock boards with simple aesthetic, lower profile coolers. It's a 2 slot design and a 268mm length, so it can fit comfortably into a mini ITX case if I decide to put it into my next build. I also like how they used a kind of retro green PCB and the old Radeon font.

The guy even took the cooler off, sent me a pic of the die SKU to prove that it was a 6900 XT, then re-pasted it with Thermal Grizzly before I bought it.

Picked it up for $550, not a bad deal imho.

Last edited:

TenSteel

*walks in Spanish*
OT Supporter
Nov 11, 2001
San Diego
I have to pull a graveyard shift tonight and work through into the next day, so hopefully I can come home by early afternoon tomorrow and pop this bad boy in. I'm so stoked!

• Cool
Reactions: Nonphixion

lowfat

The Dragon Reborn
OT Supporter
Oct 27, 2003
Grande Prairie, AB, Can
Fixed feelings about my new Mionix Naos Pro. If you click too lightly it double clicks. Back button occasionally sticks. Software is hot garbage, worst I may have ever used.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.13.2 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trendworld