Computer and electronics dorks come complain about stuff here

mistergin

Morale has improved but I find I miss the beatings
May 12, 2001
Mormons, AZ
I only had 5 connected RGB devices. No fans since the RGB version of the torrent was non existent at launch.

cev3hoH.jpeg

Daaaaaamn :bowdown:

The hand-me-down i7-7700k/1080ti to my oldest son that I put into a Torrent had 5 drives so between the normal cables and all those SATA cables, this case makes my cable management look like an infant painting the walls with its own shit and calling it art :rofl3:

that custom sleeving?

On the plus side, any time I feel like hot shit, I just look at the tempered glass of the backside of my torrent to remind myself of the monster I really am :rofl:

"grip all the cables in my fist and cram it in that indentation right there and SLAM the side of the case on so it stays in"-style

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: yonson
TS
TS
the_antsy_honda

the_antsy_honda

This is the story of a little ship...
Dec 17, 2001
California
Reactions: mistergin

mistergin

May 12, 2001
Mormons, AZ
Mine was always execute :rofl: thanks MSI

So you just change removable and fixed media to deny exexute?

Same here :ugh2:

I changed all 3 items to Deny Execute. Option ROM seemed optional but it looked more geared towards legacy stuff which shouldn't affect my box.

On my MSI Pro-A z790, I also had to go to "Security" instead of "Settings". That's where the Secure Boot option was.

Reactions: the_antsy_honda

Scoob_13

Hello Nice FBI Lady
Oct 5, 2001
Howdy Arabia
Reactions: yonson
TS
TS
the_antsy_honda

the_antsy_honda

This is the story of a little ship...
Dec 17, 2001
California
Same here :ugh2:

I changed all 3 items to Deny Execute. Option ROM seemed optional but it looked more geared towards legacy stuff which shouldn't affect my box.

On my MSI Pro-A z790, I also had to go to "Security" instead of "Settings". That's where the Secure Boot option was.
same. they do a lot of GUI stuff in BIOS which I kinda hate, rather they just did all text and drop down boxes

mistergin

May 12, 2001
Mormons, AZ
Just started today's SecurityNOW podcast and am gonna chuckle if he covers this (assuming there's a formal CVE yet). Wonder if he has already? Steve Gibson ftmfw :tbow:

mistergin

May 12, 2001
Mormons, AZ
I'll add this to my list of why I don't buy MSI.

Instead of?

Seems like every maker has strikes against them. When I looked, it seemed more like a "feel comfortable with the company because they all have issues and will suck for returns". No real "best", at least with what I could afford :hsd:

Gavin

May 5, 2001
i struggle to find one that's not shitty

Gigabyte gets hacked, loses RMA, denies RMA, sells explosive PSUs
ASUS is overpriced, has drivers with code execution vulnerabilities,
ASRock is....Nissan of computers
Have to keep in mind that these are consumer products and while they have security features, they are in no way security focused.

Stylerod

150mph in a swimsuit :eek3:
Dec 23, 2001
150MPH in a Swimsuit :eek3:!
Woops, never mind. I see this was posted a few days ago. Worth a watch if you didn't already.

Searched and didn't see mention of this. With eVGA leaving the nVidia market they decided to create one last board to break speed records. This is a pretty cool video that shows how they were able to repair boards and break records by making their own boards.

TenSteel

*walks in Spanish*
OT Supporter
Nov 11, 2001
San Diego
that's more than a couple of our servers :o

can't wait to retire those artifacts
I just want the big chonky Cherry brand keyboards with mechanical switches from our old ass workstations when they retire at least one of them this year.

One of them also has one of the old school MS optical mice.

Scoob_13

Hello Nice FBI Lady
Oct 5, 2001
Howdy Arabia
Instead of?

Seems like every maker has strikes against them. When I looked, it seemed more like a "feel comfortable with the company because they all have issues and will suck for returns". No real "best", at least with what I could afford :hsd:
I've had bad luck over the years with MSI. Motherboards, mainly, but enough that it's soured me on buying anything MSI.

This is just one more thing.

That being said, all consumer brands have their pros and cons, yes. I just, personally, dislike MSI enough to shit on them every chance I get. I've had decent experience with the Aorus line of MBs, so now that EVGA is RIP I'm probably going to go with an Aorus version of <whatever fucking GPU I can find when I care about GPUs again>.

Reactions: mistergin

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.13.2 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abdallahppp6