Jul 15, 2009
US
Building Android from source :big grin:
TyMxd9y.gif

ZeroDeeFeX

OT Supporter
Oct 9, 2002
Boulder, CO
Finally popped an NH-D15S and the corsair 12VHPWR into my NR200 with a slight extender so I can close my workstation again.

Also, when the fuck did mobos get so expensive? I have an X570 itx board with thunderbolt 3 that I love. I need a second itx mobo for my old 3700x now so I can plop it + my old 3080 into my louqe ghost.

Building Android from source :big grin:

Incredibly RAM intensive. When I left Android in 2017, everyone had a workstation with multiple Xeons and 128GB of RAM under their desks to build Android. I remember having to explain to many others in the product org how to do it :mamoru:

Boots

I'm wearing a disguise
Jul 2, 2001
🇨🇦
Finally popped an NH-D15S and the corsair 12VHPWR into my NR200 with a slight extender so I can close my workstation again.

Also, when the fuck did mobos get so expensive? I have an X570 itx board with thunderbolt 3 that I love. I need a second itx mobo for my old 3700x now so I can plop it + my old 3080 into my louqe ghost.

Incredibly RAM intensive. When I left Android in 2017, everyone had a workstation with multiple Xeons and 128GB of RAM under their desks to build Android. I remember having to explain to many others in the product org how to do it :mamoru:

Yeah the RAM has made all the difference in the world. I can easily build now while having the source open in IDEA and it's working great. I'd like my 300GB of hard drive space back though lol

Any tips on building a system app within Android Studio/IDEA? Currently I'm just doing the code, dropping to shell, rebuilding, reinstalling the app, rinse and repeat. Would love to have full IDE capability where I could use Android Studio. AOSP doesn't use Gradle though, so not looking likely there's a better way.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.13.2 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trendworld