SPORTS conclusions drawn from UFC 130

ZSPTurbo

Dec 18, 2008
Rampage might be taking this seriously again. He wants his fucking belt back, and now that he's close to it he's gonna bust ass. I think. Maybe.
If he really went IN to the fight with a broken hand, he's bauce soss.

Hamill is B level. Sorry, but he didn't have anything. Unless he had a horrific injury, he is simply a B level UFC fighter.

Mir needs some cardio if he wants to run with dos santos and velasquez

Big Cunny is done, unless he sucks up his ego, gets with an elite team of trainers, and cuts the adipose tissue and fights at 205. He's going gray!

Travis Browne may be loose and open, but he's that way for a reason. I am very interested in seeing what happens with him as strikeforces heavyweights are folded into the UFC and it finally becomes a legit division again.

Thiago Alves is in his own head. God damnit Thiago you're so close to being GREAT!!! Just get it together! No, I can not clarify what I mean, because I don't know what I mean. Fuck you.

Brian Stann is a bad, bad man.

Jorge Santiago has been fighting in Japan too much. Too much finesse, not enough chutzpa.

Mighty Mouse and Miguel Torres are both amazing.

Kendall Grove is done.

Every time Dana White tells you he's a fight fan, he's giving you lip service. He's a business man. That is all.

Let the flames come rolling in

2ofdem

Jun 17, 2003
aus.vic.mel
Don't underestimate Hamill he is decent he just run into a very slick Rampage. But I agree he isn't going to challenge any of the contenders.

edward_cullen

Unemployed Since 08
Jun 30, 2009
Hollywood, CA
You forgot...

Cards are getting shittier.

UFC 131 will be equal to if not shittier than 130.

132 is decent, but in no way stacked. Exciting and stacked are two different things, go learn the difference.

133, another shit-fest.

134 in Brazil seems to be shaping up like a decent card, but still needs some additions to make it legendary.

Wckd2

Sep 12, 2003
Arizona
Mir was doing alot of work and having to control Big Country's body probably took ALOT out of him.

phonics

No good sir, I'm on the level.
OT Supporter
Oct 27, 2004
You can't be a fight fan and a business man?

TS
TS

ZSPTurbo

Dec 18, 2008
You can't be a fight fan and a business man?

You can, but imo he is not. It has become pretty clear to me that the #1 priority is commoditizing the fights and making as much money off of them as possible. That unfortunately reduces the quality.

If they weren't trying to MAXIMIZE profits by maintaining a constant stream of advertisment, it wouldn't have to be that way. They could still make tens of millions on each event, but once you're up as high as the Ferttitas are, it's just a numbers game. That top 5% of profitability probably costs about 20% of the quality of the events.

There's a thread on the UG which sums it up pretty well:
"Brought to you by this, brought to you by that"

Kuet

May 3, 2006
Hong Kong
Not much to flame there.

You were saying? :mamoru:

You forgot...

Cards are getting shittier.

UFC 131 will be equal to if not shittier than 130.

132 is decent, but in no way stacked. Exciting and stacked are two different things, go learn the difference.

133, another shit-fest.

134 in Brazil seems to be shaping up like a decent card, but still needs some additions to make it legendary.

TS
TS

ZSPTurbo

Dec 18, 2008
NOBODY GIVE THE CHILD ANY ATTENTION.

KUET, you quoted him, delete the quote PLEASE

saabguy

Saab-free since 2013. Mortgage guru
OT Supporter
Aug 11, 2003
Loserville. Population: 1
i feel bad for torres. he had several slick reversals and was constantly going for submission attempts, almost had a few via triangle, leg-lock, guillotine, etc. to not reward him with a win was an error, imo

$lacker

FD/Dental/Canadian/Cage Crews
OT Supporter
Jun 27, 2003
Canada
i feel bad for torres. he had several slick reversals and was constantly going for submission attempts, almost had a few via triangle, leg-lock, guillotine, etc. to not reward him with a win was an error, imo

I thought Torres won the fight... Mighty Mouse did nothing for 3 rounds. Even from the bottom, Torres was consistently active while MM struggled to maintain position

I'd like to assume Hamill was sick. His take-downs have never looked as shitty as that. He'd start halfway across the cage and just come running in, bent over :rofl:

TS
TS

ZSPTurbo

Dec 18, 2008
I thought Torres won the fight... Mighty Mouse did nothing for 3 rounds. Even from the bottom, Torres was consistently active while MM struggled to maintain position

DOT

I'd like to assume Hamill was sick. His take-downs have never looked as shitty as that. He'd start halfway across the cage and just come running in, bent over :rofl:

I think Hamill started just fine but Rampage fucked his head up early. Rampage was purely countering, and was doing it quite effectively and it made Hamill really trepidatious to do anything.

On a side note, I am saddened by the fact that ot.com thinks the correct spelling of trepidatious is incorrect.

checkii

ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว
Jun 29, 2003
rain street
Hammil has never had great wrestling. not sure why people are surprised rampage stuffed him so easily.

apman0000

OT Supporter
Oct 18, 2005
i just hope this means rampage is back to stay at the top for awhile cause Rampage interviews and commentary etc >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> pretty much everyone else

saabguy

Saab-free since 2013. Mortgage guru
OT Supporter
Aug 11, 2003
Loserville. Population: 1
jesus...these guys look like godzilla vs. mothra

method=get&s=travis-browne-stefan-struve-gif.gif

TS
TS

ZSPTurbo

Dec 18, 2008
Rampage went in with a broken hand, Nelson was sick as a dog... can you imagine if both those fights had been scrapped? Mighty Mouse vs Torres could have been an awesome main event! Hype up Santiago at mach infinity and Stann vs Santiago would be a great Memorial Day co-main.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peterparl19