GUN Console Vault

bostonTparty506

Nov 5, 2010
CT
http://www.center-of-mass.com/Store_ConsoleVault.htm

Did a search and found an old thread from 07 about these with little info. Do any of you guys have these in your cars/trucks? I can't carry at work due to the nature of my profession and I also can't carry at school. I am looking for a solution as far as locking my handgun/s up while I am away from my truck while at work and in school at night classes. What do you all think?

J_75

Oct 1, 2003
Well, technically you can't have a firearm within 300 yards of a school.....

Yeah, just turn yourself in now for thinking about violating federal law now before the USBATF comes and breaks down your door and kills your family.

dpixel8

Feb 8, 2001
WI Go Bucky!!!!!!!
Yeah, just turn yourself in now for thinking about violating federal law now before the USBATF comes and breaks down your door and kills your family.

I love how you post shit like this in every thread dealing with the legalities of firearms. Real smart. :wavey:

2L Bunny

"It's only a Rabbit"
May 18, 2001
OR
the 300 yard part, yeah. on school grounds, no. that's federal

Can you reference where's that's from? I've heard it mentioned before, but never documented. OR state law specifically allows it in 166.xxx w/ a valid CHL.

2L Bunny

"It's only a Rabbit"
May 18, 2001
OR

(ii) if the individual possessing the firearm is licensed to do so by the State in which the school zone is located or a political subdivision of the State, and the law of the State or political subdivision requires that, before an individual obtains such a license, the law enforcement authorities of the State or political subdivision verify that the individual is qualified under law to receive the license;

oakback

Aug 25, 2008
N.FL
Whatever, let him figure out the law. Anyone use one of these vaults? Looks pretty cool, I'd love to have one if I could find one that fit.

You forgot the dog getting shot.

NetChemica

OT Supporter
Aug 31, 2003
:rofl: I've come to a conclusion recently: "dpixel8's posts should never be taken seriously and rarely every do they include anything factual"

Yodelayhehoo

OT Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Southern Cali
I had one in my Tacoma... I sold the tacoma and still have the vault. I liked it but you lose a lot of real estate in your console. I could fit about 3 full size handguns in there. and thats about it. Security wise it seemed pretty sturdy

TS
TS
bostonTparty506

bostonTparty506

Nov 5, 2010
CT
I had one in my Tacoma... I sold the tacoma and still have the vault. I liked it but you lose a lot of real estate in your console. I could fit about 3 full size handguns in there. and thats about it. Security wise it seemed pretty sturdy
Did you have the same one I posted or a different one, it seems there a bunch online..

Sailor Jerry

Nov 13, 2007
Dirtona Beach
I just drop my gun straight in my console if I go somewhere I can't take it.

Those lockbox things are going to keep a thief from being able to use your gun immediately, I guess, but it's not going to take them very long to bust it open once they get away.

Edit: I'm talking about the little folding thing someone posted. The one in the original post might be a little sturdier, but any thief worth their salt is probably still going to be able to take it or bust it open.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan