GUN converting a saiga: financially worth it?

m1lk

Banned
Aug 27, 2003
Nowhere
assuming you already have all the tools needed to do it.....

if someone bought a saiga and all the parts needed for conversion, and did it themselves, would it come out cheaper than buying an already converted one like an Arsenal for example?

wondering if anyone has ever done it for the sake of saving money.

either way, im really considering picking one up and doing a conversion over the summer, just for fun. the only thing im a bit scared of is threading the barrel for a brake :o

TS
TS
m1lk

m1lk

Banned
Aug 27, 2003
Nowhere
It depends on what you're comparing it to. If you just want a cheap shooter then no. If you want an authentic Russian made AK, then go for it. The conversion is really easy, I timed myself and it took 2 hours flat. But then again I had a mill to help me

comparing a diy convert, to a pre-converted one by arsenal or whoever else does converts, all of which ive seen in the $700-1000 price range. not quality wise, just financially. though ending up with an authentic is awesome, learning this whole process is what im looking for, so that i can do more in the future...

not including the labor and saiga itself, about how much do you think would the basic conversion parts cost in total? i think i have to adhere to the 922r rule as well...?

btw, out of curiosity, is the process of converting a VEPR the same?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan