FOOD Cooking/BBQ/ferment/grilling bullshit thread

RickylSmalls

how I love to waste your time
OT Supporter
Feb 28, 2002
Ohio
I've read plenty of boards and its usually someone that never cleaned their shit ever lol, most people clean when needed and never have a problem.

I'm not attacking you but none of those issues are going to happen because you go a few cooks between vacuuming, but again its your fucking life bro have at it

Sp33dealer

Bully Troll Crew
Aug 3, 2005
DFW
im also not having problems with pellets, the auger, flames, or ash on my food....go ahead and read the comments on pellet grill pages though and realize that if its not the fan or the board, it's because people don't clean them.

3 minutes of my life that i can spare everytime i cook
You’re nuts

I vacuum once every 6 months?

My Rectec definitely doesn’t need to be cleaned every cook :rofl: more power to you though

BStork

Suck My Beak From The Back™️
OT Supporter
Apr 28, 2007

Kinda winged it, but:

3/4 cup yellow mustard
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
3/4 cup honey. This could be 1/2 honey 1/4 brown sugar.
3 dashes Worcestershire
2 tablespoon ketchup
Salt / garlic / pepper / smoker paprika to your taste
Cayenne pepper or crushed red pepper flakes to your taste.

Whisk it together, put in small sauce pan, bring to simmer. Whisk occasionally. Should take 10 or less minutes.

Put it in a jar or container. I gave mine a cold water bath to cool off faster.

Ballast

Cold Heartless Bastard
Aug 9, 2001
London, Ontario
Kinda winged it, but:

3/4 cup yellow mustard
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
3/4 cup honey. This could be 1/2 honey 1/4 brown sugar.
3 dashes Worcestershire
2 tablespoon ketchup
Salt / garlic / pepper / smoker paprika to your taste
Cayenne pepper or crushed red pepper flakes to your taste.

Whisk it together, put in small sauce pan, bring to simmer. Whisk occasionally. Should take 10 or less minutes.

Put it in a jar or container. I gave mine a cold water bath to cool off faster.
I love a mustard based bbq sauce. I’ve made Sam the Cooking Guy’s before, but now I’ll have to try this.

Reactions: BStork

BStork

OT Supporter
Apr 28, 2007
PXL_20220131_224813382.MP.jpg

This is unfermented wort, which is basically fancy sugar water. I've got it covered with cheese cloth to keep bugs out, but I'm leaving it under one of our oak trees in hopes of capturing wild yeast 😍

Lester Burnham

Oct 10, 2006
Atlanta
Homemade pizza night! Cooked the pepperoni one on a steel and the cheese one on a stone. My second time using a steel and it was perfect at crisping the bottom. At this point I'm ready to get rid of the stone.

Excuse the odd shapes, I lazily made them to fit our pizza peel. Bonus pix of air fryer garlic knots.

gNcBHvJ.jpg

IKsV7kk.jpg

Reactions: vr6vdub

BStork

OT Supporter
Apr 28, 2007
PXL_20220205_205951237.jpg

Gonna do another top sirloin roast. Seasoned it up and am gonna let it sit on the rack overnight. Tomorrow, I'm going to cook it to around 135f, let it rest and then slice it thin and make sandwiches.

Peep the vintage old hickory knife. I got 4 old, high carbon knives from my mom. They belonged to my grandpa. They were in rough shape, but I got them cleaned up and got them all back to REALLY FUCKING SHARP. I love them.

TheRightToRemainSilent

Long-Legged Mack Daddy
Mar 31, 2001
a trash can
View attachment 194780

Gonna do another top sirloin roast. Seasoned it up and am gonna let it sit on the rack overnight. Tomorrow, I'm going to cook it to around 135f, let it rest and then slice it thin and make sandwiches.

Peep the vintage old hickory knife. I got 4 old, high carbon knives from my mom. They belonged to my grandpa. They were in rough shape, but I got them cleaned up and got them all back to REALLY FUCKING SHARP. I love them.

please post updated pics

Reactions: BStork

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448