FOOD Cooking/BBQ/ferment/grilling bullshit thread

RickylSmalls

how I love to waste your time
OT Supporter
Feb 28, 2002
Ohio
Do people really use blankets?
I bought my shit mid winter and my first cook was below 10 degrees, never had a problem hitting and holding temp ever.

TheRightToRemainSilent

Long-Legged Mack Daddy
Mar 31, 2001
a trash can
Do people really use blankets?
I bought my shit mid winter and my first cook was below 10 degrees, never had a problem hitting and holding temp ever.

the only and i do mean ONLY reason i have the blanket is because honestly, my mom insists on buying me a physical christmas gift every year, she knows that i want or need for nothing and she won't let up. so i told her to go get me the GMG thermal blanket.

they had it in stock 5 minutes from her apartment and it made her feel good. so now i have the thermal blanket.

i never would have bought it on my own.

Reactions: Carne Seca

RickylSmalls

how I love to waste your time
OT Supporter
Feb 28, 2002
Ohio
the only and i do mean ONLY reason i have the blanket is because honestly, my mom insists on buying me a physical christmas gift every year, she knows that i want or need for nothing and she won't let up. so i told her to go get me the GMG thermal blanket.

they had it in stock 5 minutes from her apartment and it made her feel good. so now i have the thermal blanket.

i never would have bought it on my own.
Yea id take it as a gift makes sense

BStork

Suck My Beak From The Back™️
OT Supporter
Apr 28, 2007
seriously though, all of the reviews show the blanket to be a good thing for burning wayyyyyy less pellets over long cooks in cold weather.

so they have a use i suppose

Bro, you have a pellet smoker. There is 0 reason for you to not be using it right now :mad:

TheRightToRemainSilent

Long-Legged Mack Daddy
Mar 31, 2001
a trash can
Bro, you have a pellet smoker. There is 0 reason for you to not be using it right now :mad:

i know, i know

i have a brisket point and a brisket flat in my freezer right now...

i also have 6 whole rabbits (best thing i've cooked yet since day 1 hands fucking down)

and i haven't done anything but smoke cheese since thanksgiving :o

BStork

Suck My Beak From The Back™️
OT Supporter
Apr 28, 2007
i know, i know

i have a brisket point and a brisket flat in my freezer right now...

i also have 6 whole rabbits (best thing i've cooked yet since day 1 hands fucking down)

and i haven't done anything but smoke cheese since thanksgiving :o

Get busy livin or get busy dyin bro

Boing

OT Supporter
Jun 30, 2007
Made some hummus and falafel based on this dude's recipes

Hummus was great.

Falafel got fucked up because the measurements ended up being off and I may have spilled a bunch of olive oil out of the food processor. They fell apart while being fried :mamoru2:

Put a few in the toaster oven since frying wasn't an option. Tasted pretty good but still not the same as frying.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448