FOOD Cooking/BBQ/ferment/grilling bullshit thread

DasVWBabe

OT's Diamond and Gemstone Tutorial Creator
OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia
just peel and cube the apples? any water to keep from scorching? how long? thanks :bigthumb:
I just peel them and cut them into pretty large chunks, juice an entire lemon or enough water + lemon to = 1/4 cup. Set on high pressure for 5 minutes and either let natural pressure release or open it up and stir it up. If it's too wet, turn it onto saute to get some of the liquid out.

Reactions: beachbum

aloe

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2002
Dallas, Tejas
Jalapeno & walnut stuffed pork chop with experimental "baked" lemon risotto. Roasted mushrooms, and lemon & olive oil dressed arugula.

KxggK2b.jpg
Lemon risotto is sooo good

Reactions: DasVWBabe

SeanJhn9

OT Supporter
Jun 1, 2004
So this happened while I was down in meheeco! It’s quite different dealing with real fire! Second cook on it and my amigos have never had ribs like these before! 02CC624A-5B09-48B1-885D-BF58FE0AD0D2.jpeg 02CC624A-5B09-48B1-885D-BF58FE0AD0D2.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: DSHR and loneXsupra

SeanJhn9

OT Supporter
Jun 1, 2004
My old man has one of these smokers. I’ve cooked on it once and was super impressed with how well it held heat. Did not have to adjust at all to hold 275.

When I did the burn in I was stoked at how well it got up to and held 300-350. But then I threw some protein in it and struggled with temps! Definitely takes some getting used to, but man was it good!! Had cherry, apple, and mesquite wood chunks in the chamber!

Reactions: loneXsupra

Jesus

OT Supporter
Sep 13, 2005
Jupiter, FL

ChemicalWhore

Excessively Black
OT Supporter
May 1, 2006
San Diego
I made short ribs just like that a while back and served it over homemade pappardelle and it was the best thing I ever put in my mouth and I couldn't believe that I had made it myself. That meal completely changed my perspective on cooking, and truly lit a passion in my life.
2nd time I’ve made them, they are amazing. I botched the side choice tho, I did couscous (pearl) and corn, will go back to potatoes and a green next time

Reactions: Jesus

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448