FOOD Cooking/BBQ/ferment/grilling bullshit thread

Sp33dealer

Bully Troll Crew
Aug 3, 2005
DFW
I think I forgot to tell you guys but a couple weeks back my dog decides to grab my grease collection bucket off my Recteq and ate about 5 cups worth of grease from super bowl. I had gone out to cook some chicken, bucket was full from super bowl so I just left it and decided I’d clean it out later. He found out shortly after the cook
Poor guy was puking, and I was a nervous wreck on whether I should take him to emergency vet. Luckily he’s a 95lb big boy, he’s all good now. The odd thing is he won’t eat Pupperonis now, I wonder if he smells something in them that reminds him of the grease event

• Wow
Reactions: BStork

matrix243

BRAAAAAAAAAAAP
May 15, 2001
Calgary
Can get one of these for $180, used once.

275782018_4839955412783904_971851749187717882_n.jpg

• Barf
Reactions: rebs

rebs

Fuck them Cowboys
OT Supporter
Sep 21, 2003
Ca
Honestly man, if you just go walk through your local Walmarts you might find something pretty good marked down big. I see it all the time.

Boing

OT Supporter
Jun 30, 2007
I think I forgot to tell you guys but a couple weeks back my dog decides to grab my grease collection bucket off my Recteq and ate about 5 cups worth of grease from super bowl. I had gone out to cook some chicken, bucket was full from super bowl so I just left it and decided I’d clean it out later. He found out shortly after the cook
Poor guy was puking, and I was a nervous wreck on whether I should take him to emergency vet. Luckily he’s a 95lb big boy, he’s all good now. The odd thing is he won’t eat Pupperonis now, I wonder if he smells something in them that reminds him of the grease event

My dogs have never gotten into mine, but I did find a bird pecking at it once. I had a grease popsicle on the last cook because it was so fucking cold outside.

BStork

Suck My Beak From The Back™️
OT Supporter
Apr 28, 2007
I simp for hasty bake a lot but really, if you aren't going pellet, then Hasty's are pretty perfect. They're versatile and well built and easy to use. They have great customer service, too.

VicenteFox

Does your mother still hang out at dockside bars?
Sep 15, 2001
Garbage Grove, Ca
cacio e pepe ppl. what method do you use?

watched a bunch of stuff and either want to try the j kenji lopez alt way by making a base w/ olive oil and butter before adding cheese. also theres this method by Luciano Monosilio where you blend pasta water seperate w/ cheese. supposed to be fool proof

TheRightToRemainSilent

Long-Legged Mack Daddy
Mar 31, 2001
a trash can
this smoked cheese thing has taken off... :bowrofl:

another dude is bringing me a shitload of cheese tomorrow to smoke for him this weekend if weather allows....plus he offered to help pay for the cost of the vacuum seal plastic (which is my only cost in this whole thing) :cool:

TheRightToRemainSilent

Long-Legged Mack Daddy
Mar 31, 2001
a trash can
ya'll kids don't even know about this smoked cheese business...

i just busted open a little square of cheap as fuck cabot sharp cheddar that i smoked a month ago and sandwiched it in between a few slices of hormel pepperoni and it was like heaven on earth.

for real, you have no idea....you can take a $3 block of ghetto cheese and make that shit worth $13 on tha skreets!

• Clown
Reactions: Carne Seca

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448