FOOD Cooking/BBQ/ferment/grilling bullshit thread

TheRightToRemainSilent

Long-Legged Mack Daddy
Mar 31, 2001
a trash can
easter boys.

easter bunny is currently in the saltwater brine with seasonings.

tomorrow, he'll be on the smoker at 250 degrees for a couple hours with some BBQ seasoning sprinkled all over him

:bowdown:

XO

I'll bee your honey
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2001
Not*Cal
What do you think a rectec RT-680, riser shelf and 80lbs would be worth? I just cleaned mine up and will be listing it for sale

Boing

OT Supporter
Jun 30, 2007
still about 150 here for usda prime

fuuuuuuuuu

they are like 80 bucks here now, was over 100 around christmas

Smoking a couple turkey breasts for tomorrow. Got some ham too, just won't be smoking it.

TheRightToRemainSilent

Long-Legged Mack Daddy
Mar 31, 2001
a trash can
how it started

New-Zealand-rabbit-sitting-in-the-grass_pritsana_Shutterstock.jpg

how it's going

Rabbit_Brine.jpg

tomorrow

maxresdefault.jpg

TheRightToRemainSilent

Long-Legged Mack Daddy
Mar 31, 2001
a trash can
do any of you guys sort of document your cooks?

like marinades, seasonings, times, temps, wood flavor used, etc?

i feel like i should done this from day 1....

i find myself searching old posts here where i at least posted a video where i got an idea from and then combine that with other details i had written in a post...but other than that, i don't have it written anywhere and i feel like i should :o

TheRightToRemainSilent

Long-Legged Mack Daddy
Mar 31, 2001
a trash can
Cooking diary lol

for long smokes, you would be surprised how many probably do it.

that is a lot of stuff to retain just by memory alone, temps to pull and wrap (if you wrapped). maybe this time you don't want to wrap and try to compare? if you brined? how long you brined? temperature you smoked at? what you spritzed with?

lots of variables.

i'm not talking about simple everyday quick shit :rofl:

Boing

OT Supporter
Jun 30, 2007
I keep a smoker log. Just what I was cooking, wood type, starting cook temp, finishing cook temp if I changed it, food temp when pulled, total cook time and a quick note on how it turned out if I tried something new.

I just use Google sheets on my phone to log

pookrat

OT Supporter
Dec 6, 2002
The Woodlands
I use a Meater Thermometer now and it keeps track of all of your cooks. Lets you add notes for the things it does not track. Like weight of meat, sauces and seasonings etc.

pookrat

OT Supporter
Dec 6, 2002
The Woodlands
Just get the cheapest one. The range is pretty dang short. But I cheat when it comes to that. I have an old-ass iPad that I keep under my smoker. It connects to the Meater and then the iPad is connected to WiFi so I can just use my watch or iPhone via the Meater Cloud.

Reactions: matrix243

TheRightToRemainSilent

Long-Legged Mack Daddy
Mar 31, 2001
a trash can
Who here has used the charcoal pellets? Want to grab a bag but don't want to waste the money if they suck.

do you have a GMG?

if you do, the black charcoal pellets will work....but they will throw off the low pellet alarm sensor in your hopper and it will beep until the end of time.

i unpluged my sensor, but to answer your question they are just ok, nothing special and definitly not comprable in flavor to using regular charcoal.

Newt

Sep 11, 2003
NVloc - 514.QC
do you have a GMG?

if you do, the black charcoal pellets will work....but they will throw off the low pellet alarm sensor in your hopper and it will beep until the end of time.

i unpluged my sensor, but to answer your question they are just ok, nothing special and definitly not comprable in flavor to using regular charcoal.
I just want something that's less pellet smokey but still let's me run the grill.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448