FOOD Cooking/BBQ/ferment/grilling bullshit thread

matrix243

BRAAAAAAAAAAAP
May 15, 2001
Calgary
Does anyone have any advice on hazards of charcoal vertical smoker where the smoker box is down low and could be risk of minimal amount of sparks? Would like to keep it close to house door but its a bit of a confined area. I'm think of just doing a 6ft square are in paver and maybe a low brick wall to confine and chances of sparks getting too far.

Edit: You can see the vents on the side which adds some risk. Probably still similar risk to an offset that has the fire box higher up.

1650826056256.png

Last edited:

Newt

Sep 11, 2003
NVloc - 514.QC
Does anyone have any advice on hazards of charcoal vertical smoker where the smoker box is down low and could be risk of minimal amount of sparks? Would like to keep it close to house door but its a bit of a confined area. I'm think of just doing a 6ft square are in paver and maybe a low brick wall to confine and chances of sparks getting too far.
Advice? Keep fire away from your house.

Hth.

Reactions: matrix243

rebs

Fuck them Cowboys
OT Supporter
Sep 21, 2003
Ca
just ran to ace and got more seasonings. They had a new traeger timberline ...lawd half mercy

Bobert

OT Supporter
Jun 20, 2004
!Chicago/Boston
What do you think a rectec RT-680, riser shelf and 80lbs would be worth? I just cleaned mine up and will be listing it for sale
I listed mine with 60 lbs of pellets for $600? And somebody immediately grabbed it. As I was loading it into the car I realized there were quite a few rust spots in places I never noticed.

Looking to pick up the B series as a smaller option

rebs

Fuck them Cowboys
OT Supporter
Sep 21, 2003
Ca
are there protective sleeves or something to keep probe lines safe? My issue is i keep letting them rest on the damn grates and they fail. I guess i should search

matrix243

BRAAAAAAAAAAAP
May 15, 2001
Calgary
First try. These were better then the local ribfest we have here and paid $45/meal, and I even missed a couple details. Texture and smoke was great. Juicey inside like a jerky sausage. Couldn't get it up to the 207f final temp, probably because of cheap smoker. Didn't get pull back and have the best flex. Although hard to tell since I only did half rack
1651379915855.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448