FOOD Cooking/BBQ/ferment/grilling bullshit thread

TheRightToRemainSilent

Long-Legged Mack Daddy
Mar 31, 2001
a trash can
i have another big chunk of meat labeled as "brisket" from a local meat packer. last one wasn't good at all and i really don't think it's brisket...

either way, tomorrow it will no longer be taking up space in my fridge/freezer whether it's good or not.

Reactions: Muddy Waters

DontRevMe

Not today
OT Supporter
Sep 21, 2003
Ca
Recteq has the fucking best customer service.

Had a big ass tree limb fall on my grill during a storm and had a massive dent in the lid - broke off the insulation and wouldn't seal. Sent them a photo and they shipped out a replacement next day for free. Little over 2 years old, no questions asked.
I have no idea why people buy traeger for the same money. It's wild.

Reactions: Muddy Waters

TheRightToRemainSilent

Long-Legged Mack Daddy
Mar 31, 2001
a trash can
i took this 4 lb square of beef that was labeled as "brisket" and injected it with beef consomme/soy sauce/worcestershire sauce/pepper/garlic and onion powder and sprinkled holy cow on it

wrapping it at 165 and just gonna let it rip a bit past 205 and hope it gets tender. the last piece i had from this same place wasn't very good, so i am trying it this way.

im gonna let it sit in a cooler for awhile too :dunno:

either way, it's out of my freezer now :rofl:

TheRightToRemainSilent

Long-Legged Mack Daddy
Mar 31, 2001
a trash can
leap frog chicken?

my mind just got blown :bowrofl:

f90f547e8e98cc9352ad32b6570a617a--smoking-meat-poultry.jpg

Leaping+Frog+Turkey.jpg

Newt

Sep 11, 2003
NVloc - 514.QC
they just have better marketing i guess....everyone overhypes traeger

that is why i specifically went with GMG, i wanted a higher end smoker but i wanted to be able to walk in a store and look at it and walk out with it.
That's the same reason I went with the traeger. Nothing else was really available near me.

I'm more than happy with mine tho. :shrug:

BStork

Suck My Beak From The Back™️
OT Supporter
Apr 28, 2007
Kinda winged it, but:

3/4 cup yellow mustard
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
3/4 cup honey. This could be 1/2 honey 1/4 brown sugar.
3 dashes Worcestershire
2 tablespoon ketchup
Salt / garlic / pepper / smoker paprika to your taste
Cayenne pepper or crushed red pepper flakes to your taste.

Whisk it together, put in small sauce pan, bring to simmer. Whisk occasionally. Should take 10 or less minutes.

Put it in a jar or container. I gave mine a cold water bath to cool off faster.

Made this again, but used some honey that fermented garlic. It’s bangin

TheRightToRemainSilent

Long-Legged Mack Daddy
Mar 31, 2001
a trash can
this 4 lb piece of ghetto meat has me puzzled. :bowrofl:

i have been at 225 grill temp since almost 830am and verified it with other thermometers...so the grill is running true

i put the meat in at like 8:30 and around 12pm it reached 165 IT so i brought it in and wrapped it...at 7pm it is still 180 degrees IT. :wtf: this piece of meat is like 1.5" thick, it should have hit 200+ a long fucking time ago.

on top of that, it started raining and storming so i said fuck it and brought it in and put it in the oven at 250. i don't give a fuck if it becomes hard as a rock, at least it's gone from my freezer and i tried to do something with this poverty cut of meat that someone gave me

Reactions: BStork

Boing

OT Supporter
Jun 30, 2007
Been cooking all fucking day. Made some pizza dough for tomorrow. Chicken thighs on the grill for a pasta salad my wife takes to lunch. Birria tacos should be ready in about an hour.

TheRightToRemainSilent

Long-Legged Mack Daddy
Mar 31, 2001
a trash can
Been cooking all fucking day. Made some pizza dough for tomorrow. Chicken thighs on the grill for a pasta salad my wife takes to lunch. Birria tacos should be ready in about an hour.

i hear ya.

i feel like i've spent all day fucking with food and haven't got to eat a damn thing.

12 fuckin hours on this piece of ghetto meat and it FINALLY hit 200+ so im gonna let it sit in a cooler with a towel wrapped around it for about 45 minutes and at 9pm i'm cutting into it and seeing what the fuck i have spent all day on :bowrofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman