FOOD Cooking/BBQ/ferment/grilling bullshit thread

Boing

OT Supporter
Jun 30, 2007
Got a pork loin brining in some apple and peach juice with some thyme, salt, and peppercorns.

Tossing it on the smoker tomorrow. Probably make some cornbread and asparagus with it.

TheRightToRemainSilent

Long-Legged Mack Daddy
Mar 31, 2001
a trash can

Absolutely no smoke flavour. Pellets I used are fucking garbage. :rofl:

Lower and slower next time I think.

i did the walmart ribeye on the last page with mesquite pellets in the box and used a tube with the jim beam pellets.

i only smoked for maybe 45 minutes or an hour at 225 and it reached the 115 IT i was looking for.

seared it 1 minute per side on a cast iron flat top and it had smoke flavor....not that OMG THIS CAME FROM A STICK BURNER FROM AN OVERNIGHT SMOKE type of flavor, but you could tell i smoked it :dunno:

Newt

Sep 11, 2003
NVloc - 514.QC
i did the walmart ribeye on the last page with mesquite pellets in the box and used a tube with the jim beam pellets.

i only smoked for maybe 45 minutes or an hour at 225 and it reached the 115 IT i was looking for.

seared it 1 minute per side on a cast iron flat top and it had smoke flavor....not that OMG THIS CAME FROM A STICK BURNER FROM AN OVERNIGHT SMOKE type of flavor, but you could tell i smoked it :dunno:
Oh I got some garbage pellets from canadian tire. They're just super fucking bland. :rofl: so much fucking ash too.

Was like an hour or so at 225. Overcooked it a bit. Should have flipped it half way.

Oh well. Still fucking tasty.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman