Cooking Crew v.Knife Sharpening

[DWI]

Master of Nothing
Aug 6, 2000
Maine
What does everyone use for sharpening their blades?

I'm looking for something other than water/whetstone for dealing with our knives, any recommendations? She has a collection of knives that range from western (20 degree) to asian (15 degree) to single bevel knives.

The wife does most of the cooking and she relies almost solely on a ceramic pocket-style sharpener for maintenance. But the blades are getting to the point they need a little more ... I've tried to do waterstones on other knives in the past, but have never gotten consistent results.

smell my finger

strive nonetheless towards beauty and truth,
Aug 8, 2001
N NJ
will probably get a bunch of hate, but I have this and use it and it works and is easy and fast

I've got a 8" wusthof chef's knife, a wusthof steak knife set, and a 10" victorinox that I run through when they're feeling dullish

Wusthof Electric Knife Sharpener - Reviews & Free Shipping | Cutlery and  More

Reactions: Thumpin'Ram

Ballast

Cold Heartless Bastard
Aug 9, 2001
London, Ontario
I’ve got a Chefs Choice electric sharpener, but on my smaller wusthoff I’ve had a consistently dull spot.
So I bought a sharpening stone off of Amazon and used it for the first time yesterday. Holy shit is that knife sharp now.

mollywhop

🤙 Dick was moist as fuck 🤙
OT Supporter
Feb 13, 2020
Blue Ridge Mountains
I’m a proponent of letting a pro do it with all the knives at once every so often because I hate doing it. But if you must do it at home you can buy one of these and practice on an old knife. FYI there are a million of these on Amazon they are the same cheap Chinese product rebranded but this is the best one to get with that in mind

Sharp Pebble Premium Whetstone Knife Sharpening Stone 2 Side Grit 1000/6000 Waterstone- Whetstone Knife Sharpener- NonSlip Bamboo Base & Angle Guide

DeezNortz

THE MEATLOAF! WE WANT IT NOW!!!
OT Supporter
Sep 15, 2010
I bought this recently and it does quite an effective as fuck job.

DrK_Mrk_iV

OT Supporter
Aug 7, 2003
NC
I’m a proponent of letting a pro do it with all the knives at once every so often because I hate doing it. But if you must do it at home you can buy one of these and practice on an old knife. FYI there are a million of these on Amazon they are the same cheap Chinese product rebranded but this is the best one to get with that in mind

Sharp Pebble Premium Whetstone Knife Sharpening Stone 2 Side Grit 1000/6000 Waterstone- Whetstone Knife Sharpener- NonSlip Bamboo Base & Angle Guide

Have this. Works, well it’s a whetstone. Normally I’ll smoke a bowl and get at it. It is a pain in the ass, but sharp knives > *

How often do you all sharpen your knives with a whetstone?

Ariez

OT Supporter
Jul 11, 2006
Nue Yawk
Just get yourself a 2000 and 8000 wet stone and be set for life.

Using those automatic machine will fuck your knife FAST.

Or if youre too lazy/stupid for stone sharpening, the next best thing is Lansky ceramic sticks.

Reactions: vr6vdub

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan