Cool, I didn't want to go outside today anyways - v.wildfireseasonstillgoingstrong

Boing

OT Supporter
Jun 30, 2007
Air quality index

sMJ07gg.png

The Cameron Peak Fire in the mountains west of Fort Collins has burned 125,006 acres with 21% containment as of Tuesday night.

A total of 91 structures, including 31 homes, have been destroyed by the fire

A total of 956 people are fighting the fire, which has been burning since August 13.

The Mullen Fire is burning just across the Colorado-Wyoming border, southwest of Centennial, Wyoming. The fire has burned 83,254 acres as of Tuesday night. No containment has been established.

A total of 887 people are fighting the fire, and more help continues to arrive.

The fire was first reported September 17. There’s no word yet on the cause.

Several more throughout the state as well

Hops

OT Supporter
Aug 28, 2003
Sierra Foothills, CA
Fire by me just hit 300,000 acres the other day. Largest single fire (hasn't merged with another fire) in CA history :/

Smoke is really bad in the mornings.

TS
TS
Boing

Boing

OT Supporter
Jun 30, 2007
Dang. Didn't realize everything was still on fire

The two largest wildfires in Colorado history are now burning at the same time.

More than 450,000 acres of wildfires are actively burning in Colorado, and more than 600,000 acres have burned or are burning in the state since July 31.

May 8, 2001
Colorado
The two largest wildfires in Colorado history are now burning at the same time.

More than 450,000 acres of wildfires are actively burning in Colorado, and more than 600,000 acres have burned or are burning in the state since July 31.
My buddy bought his grandoarents cabin in Kremmling a couple of months ago. The fire is at his doorstep. :noes:

TS
TS
Boing

Boing

OT Supporter
Jun 30, 2007
My buddy bought his grandoarents cabin in Kremmling a couple of months ago. The fire is at his doorstep. :noes:

Not a lot of trees surrounding that place, though - at least the city itself. Should be good. Minus the smoke.

TS
TS
Boing

Boing

OT Supporter
Jun 30, 2007
Colorado officials are warning that two major wildfires could merge

The Rocky Mountain National Park closed Thursday, and mandatory evacuations were issued for parts of Estes Park, as firefighters continue battling the East Troublesome Fire.

The blaze started on October 14 but grew over 100,000 acres Wednesday night. The growth of the fire equates to roughly 70 football fields of forest burned every minute

zedekias

Feb 27, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
Colorado officials are warning that two major wildfires could merge

The Rocky Mountain National Park closed Thursday, and mandatory evacuations were issued for parts of Estes Park, as firefighters continue battling the East Troublesome Fire.

The blaze started on October 14 but grew over 100,000 acres Wednesday night. The growth of the fire equates to roughly 70 football fields of forest burned every minute

A coworker has a house in Granby like 4 miles from the edge of the fire (as of yesterday). And he is set to retire in 6 weeks and is supposed to be his primary home. I can't imagine how stressful that is.

That fire also jumped the continental divide in the last couple of days. How the fuck.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan