ART Cosmetic glue

ASIGN_Baz

Apr 26, 2009
Australia
Hey guys, can anyone suggest something kind to the skin for gluing cosmetic stuff on for a shoot?

I know there are commercially available adhesives out there, but is there something common and readily available I can use from say...the kitchen?

PVA wood glue is a little harsh methinks...:ugh:

Baz.

TS
TS
ASIGN_Baz

ASIGN_Baz

Apr 26, 2009
Australia
Rubber cement?

pretty mild and rolls easily off the skin once dry...

Thanks dude. Not sure what you mean...it's gotta be safe for the skin...especially around the eyes. Are you talking about stuff that comes in a tube for gluing rubber together?

TS
TS
ASIGN_Baz

ASIGN_Baz

Apr 26, 2009
Australia
not really skin safe for long-term, nor would I want it near my eyes.
E904.jpg

Oh I see. Prolly not a good eye deer then.

I will need to get pretty close to the edges of the eyes.

TS
TS
ASIGN_Baz

ASIGN_Baz

Apr 26, 2009
Australia
Thanks guys! Fyingpan and CFK, you blokes simply just ROCK mate!

That place is not far and I have seen it before, so guess where I will be visiting tomorrow morning?

Cheers lads!

Baz.

charles foster kane

Feb 14, 2007
Croatia
Thanks guys! Fyingpan and CFK, you blokes simply just ROCK mate!

That place is not far and I have seen it before, so guess where I will be visiting tomorrow morning?

Cheers lads!

Baz.
haha awesome.

So, uh... whats all this about then? The thread about how to best use your existing equipment + this thread about how to be a makeup-artist for less than a dollar a day = you're shooting something interesting this weekend :x:

TS
TS
ASIGN_Baz

ASIGN_Baz

Apr 26, 2009
Australia
haha awesome.

So, uh... whats all this about then? The thread about how to best use your existing equipment + this thread about how to be a makeup-artist for less than a dollar a day = you're shooting something interesting this weekend :x:

I have been up for the last 36 hours, brainstorming with all these neat ideas. I really want to step up my game. Just need to get the practice in, try the risky and adventurous shots and then use them to attract customers. Just need a few models now. Paying ones would be good, but I guess I will have to ask for volunteers to practice on.

charles foster kane

Feb 14, 2007
Croatia
I have been up for the last 36 hours, brainstorming with all these neat ideas. I really want to step up my game. Just need to get the practice in, try the risky and adventurous shots and then use them to attract customers. Just need a few models now. Paying ones would be good, but I guess I will have to ask for volunteers to practice on.
Dont take this as condescending (especially since I'm in the exact same situation as you, trying to find models and build a folio) but everyone starts there, getting family or friends to sit in front of your camera patiently while you fiddle with lighting arrangements and all that shit

Get a family/friends folio, make a model mayhem account and post relevant stuff to your page there, get a few amateur models, get better folio, try to find paying clients

TS
TS
ASIGN_Baz

ASIGN_Baz

Apr 26, 2009
Australia
Dont take this as condescending (especially since I'm in the exact same situation as you, trying to find models and build a folio) but everyone starts there, getting family or friends to sit in front of your camera patiently while you fiddle with lighting arrangements and all that shit

Get a family/friends folio, make a model mayhem account and post relevant stuff to your page there, get a few amateur models, get better folio, try to find paying clients

Not condescending at all mate. It is slowly happening for me. The wildlife and macro stuff is taking off, as well as some real-estate work. Changes of fortune are in the wind. I think the big fella upstairs is helping me a fair bit! :bigthumb:

charles foster kane

Feb 14, 2007
Croatia
Not condescending at all mate. It is slowly happening for me. The wildlife and macro stuff is taking off, as well as some real-estate work. Changes of fortune are in the wind. I think the big fella upstairs is helping me a fair bit! :bigthumb:

Is your nature stuff generating an income for you? I seem to remember you writing somewhere that you have focused solely on photography since leaving the army, and your blog is made up of a lot of adventure/nature stuff. I've always wondered how 'breaking into the scene' works in nature photography, since the progression into modelling/fashion work is fairly clear cut.

jsmonet

egg
Sep 20, 2002
so cali
spirit gum/glue. used for wigs.

beat me to it.

in a former life i was on stage just a little. real spirit gum beats out anything else, as it doesn't usually stink after application and it -shouldn't- mess up skin. I have super sensitive skin on my face and used this, without issue, to apply beards/mustaches nightly for a pretty steady run.

....or if you hate your model(s) you can just staple that shit on them :)

TS
TS
ASIGN_Baz

ASIGN_Baz

Apr 26, 2009
Australia
Is your nature stuff generating an income for you? I seem to remember you writing somewhere that you have focused solely on photography since leaving the army, and your blog is made up of a lot of adventure/nature stuff. I've always wondered how 'breaking into the scene' works in nature photography, since the progression into modelling/fashion work is fairly clear cut.

Wildlife not yet, but it is something that requires a lot of building blocks (which are all falling into place as we speak). Army was around 8 years ago now. I left my civilian desk job of 4 years in October last year. Other forms of photography are now generating an income for me, but I still have to do some other casual work to pay bills. Eventually the photography will become replacement instead of supplementary income.

I get the feeling that within the next 12 to 18 months, I will be complaining about "too much" photography work. That will be a good day!

charles foster kane

Feb 14, 2007
Croatia
Wildlife not yet, but it is something that requires a lot of building blocks (which are all falling into place as we speak). Army was around 8 years ago now. I left my civilian desk job of 4 years in October last year. Other forms of photography are now generating an income for me, but I still have to do some other casual work to pay bills. Eventually the photography will become replacement instead of supplementary income.

I get the feeling that within the next 12 to 18 months, I will be complaining about "too much" photography work. That will be a good day!

Sounds great man. If I'm complaining about too much work in a years time, then things are fine by me

....thats when you raise your price point :x:

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btcdiana