GAME could they ever make an FPS as dynamic as a light gun shooter?

Crusader

by that I mean in terms of the crazy accuracy that's needed and all the crazy shit happening at once on the screen :o

[y]XDanxhZGKOo[/y]

I was thinking at a bare minimum you need a shooting peripheral, but also maybe foot pedals to handle things like ducking and dodging :o

FunkyMunniez

Mar 15, 2008
by that I mean in terms of the crazy accuracy that's needed and all the crazy shit happening at once on the screen :o

[y]XDanxhZGKOo[/y]

I was thinking at a bare minimum you need a shooting peripheral, but also maybe foot pedals to handle things like ducking and dodging :o

they could just make it so if you aim off screen or completely vertically you go into cover.

JasonKnight

May 28, 2007
Reading, PA

[y]XDanxhZGKOo[/y]

the arcade in the mall i used to work at had this game, not the 100" screen version but the smaller one.

terminatorsalvation_cabinet300dpi1.jpg

Reason the accuracy of the gun is "so" accurate in your opinion is because there are 12 (or so) censors at the top of the screen that follow the angle of the gun along with the sensor at the end of the gun. each one of those sensors costs around $450.

the guy that owned the machine had to replace 2 of them already.

1 of those sensors goes out, the whole accuracy thing doesn't work.

that and the game cheats like a mother fucker.

TS
TS

Crusader

the arcade in the mall i used to work at had this game, not the 100" screen version but the smaller one.

terminatorsalvation_cabinet300dpi1.jpg

Reason the accuracy of the gun is "so" accurate in your opinion is because there are 12 (or so) censors at the top of the screen that follow the angle of the gun along with the sensor at the end of the gun. each one of those sensors costs around $450.

the guy that owned the machine had to replace 2 of them already.

1 of those sensors goes out, the whole accuracy thing doesn't work.

that and the game cheats like a mother fucker.
Didnt know that. But I guess that's what makes it the holy Grail of shooters in terms of action and accuracy.

Light gun >> mouse and keyboard >> xbox360 controller

TS
TS

Crusader

You've obviously never used a Move before.

The Move is a lot more accurate and can do a lot more than a "light-gun". You obviously don't even know how a light-gun works.
in my other thread they claim the mouse and kb is still better :o

somethingstrang

Aug 16, 2007
You've obviously never used a Move before.

The Move is a lot more accurate and can do a lot more than a "light-gun". You obviously don't even know how a light-gun works.

Lol, bought the move the first day. I'd like to see you beast time crisis with the move as well as in the arcades. You obviously don't own the move seeing how you're all over it. 1 $50 camera doesn't beat 12 sensors at the arcade :ugh:

FINALBOSS

Sep 25, 2005
Paris
Lol, bought the move the first day. I'd like to see you beast time crisis with the move as well as in the arcades. You obviously don't own the move seeing how you're all over it. 1 $50 camera doesn't beat 12 sensors at the arcade :ugh:
Where are you getting all this sensors shit from?

JasonKnight

May 28, 2007
Reading, PA
Ya I get that...but where's he getting that they have all these sensors on them? How the hell does he know that?

I know the terminator one does cause a friend of mine has one had to replace 2 of the sensors on it, he told me there were like 12 or so sensors at the top of the screen that made the gun be as accurate as it is.

It's in my post with the big picture.

just below the marquee but above the TV bezel there is a black bar with individual sensors in it.

Boomdart

Apr 28, 2005

[y]XDanxhZGKOo[/y]

I saw that game when I went to tennessee a few months ago at a truck stop.

Graphics were amazing looking for what I saw but I didn't have time to stand around and play/watch.

I had previously thought the arcade games market was all but dead by now :o

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan