push (chest/front shoulders/tris)
pull (back/rear shoulders/bis)
legs
push
pull
legs
break
repeat

I've been training at this rate for almost 6 months now. would i be likely to gain from having a larger break between training the same body parts at this point?

also re benching.. whats your opinion about bar to chest vs. a small gap?
Some say you should drop it down to your chest.. i've been advised its best to leave a gap of at least a couple inches because once you go past that point your using your shoulder/chest ligaments instead of your muscle.

CPop

Jul 19, 2006
I don't bench heavy 2x per week. I have in the past and it works for beginners but that's about it. Re-think your program. Don't ask me how, I don't know or care enough about you to write that much, but I assume the stickies will help you.

Touch the bar to your chest. The ligament vs. muscle wrt range of motion is not the dumbest thing I've ever heard, but it makes the top 10. Smack whoever told you that, and also, smack yourself (not too hard, you're new).

Make sure you perform scapular retraction for pressing (pinch shoulder blades for whole range of motion).

4cd-Air

This user is longer available
Oct 4, 2001
I workout 5-6 times a week,
push (chest/front shoulders/tris)
pull (back/rear shoulders/bis)
legs
push
pull
legs
break
repeat

I've been training at this rate for almost 6 months now. would i be likely to gain from having a larger break between training the same body parts at this point?

also re benching.. whats your opinion about bar to chest vs. a small gap?
Some say you should drop it down to your chest.. i've been advised its best to leave a gap of at least a couple inches because once you go past that point your using your shoulder/chest ligaments instead of your muscle.

try

push
pull
rest
legs
push
pull
rest

2 rest days, one in the middle of the week

timberwolf

Jan 30, 2004
Toronto
My only advice would be to listen to Cpop.

I don't bench heavy 2x per week. I have in the past and it works for beginners but that's about it. Re-think your program. Don't ask me how, I don't know or care enough about you to write that much, but I assume the stickies will help you.

Touch the bar to your chest. The ligament vs. muscle wrt range of motion is not the dumbest thing I've ever heard, but it makes the top 10. Smack whoever told you that, and also, smack yourself (not too hard, you're new).

Make sure you perform scapular retraction for pressing (pinch shoulder blades for whole range of motion).

timberwolf

Jan 30, 2004
Toronto
yeah ill try out some new routines and see what works for me

that benching thing was suggested by a guy with a bachelor degree in health and fitness :ugh:

i guess experience > books anytime huh

Yes. Most times. IMO.
Tell him his advice was contrdicted by a moderator in fitness and nutrition. :mamoru:

Kotu

OT Supporter
Aug 10, 2003
Montreal, Canada

Why?

Should we do that with DBs as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan