COVID quarantine stupid question of the day...

jared_IRL

OT Supporter
Feb 12, 2006
Just found out a teacher in my kids preschool tested positive. Unsure if my son was in close contact with her, but assuming so for this conversation. Does that mean my whole house is quarantined now? Or no, because he’s a ‘contact of a contact’, and no one else from the school or class or our family has tested pos. Do I need to keep my 7 year old out of 2nd grade?

I can’t keep up with the rules.

Gixxer

OT Supporter
May 29, 2004
Gig Harbor, Washington
I would say if he was in close contact at any point with the teacher than you and your entire house needs to quarantine for 14 days.
At least that is what the rules would state.
If you go get tested and its negative then you only have to quarantine for 7 days.

I<3URANUS

I can ride my bike with no handlebars.
OT Supporter
Sep 17, 2002
Dallas, TX
It would be advisable for anyone that's in contact with the boy to quarantine until everyone can get tested.

JerseyAhole

Pasta-Salad President, Yeti King
OT Supporter
Feb 9, 2010
Take a Fuckin' Guess?
been through this like 3 fucking times already... My daughters teacher tested positive last week and since there is technically no close contact the school does not require the kids to quarantine, just keep an eye out for symptoms. The teachers have been pretty much staying at the front of the class and not really close to the kids..

Phx Cobra

Jul 18, 2006
AZ
Wait a few days for symptoms to develop if him/you actually got it and then go get tested, if negative you're good.
They only suggest 7days quarantine now, not the previous 14.

onedownfiveup

OT Supporter
Jun 26, 2005
been through this like 3 fucking times already... My daughters teacher tested positive last week and since there is technically no close contact the school does not require the kids to quarantine, just keep an eye out for symptoms. The teachers have been pretty much staying at the front of the class and not really close to the kids..
Same, we were told to quarantine 14 days. Sucks so bad even though we are both working from home but having our daughter home and wanting to play 24/7 while we were trying to work was miserable.

Reactions: Gixxer

JerseyAhole

Pasta-Salad President, Yeti King
OT Supporter
Feb 9, 2010
Take a Fuckin' Guess?
Same, we were told to quarantine 14 days. Sucks so bad even though we are both working from home but having our daughter home and wanting to play 24/7 while we were trying to work was miserable.

that is a nightmare.. I think that is one of the main reasons the teachers are keeping their distances from the kids.. There has been 3-4 teachers out with covid and thankfully no kids have gotten it.. They also keep the windows open in her classroom, she literally goes to school and has to wear her jacket and hat

Deleted member 84456

Just found out a teacher in my kids preschool tested positive. Unsure if my son was in close contact with her, but assuming so for this conversation. Does that mean my whole house is quarantined now? Or no, because he’s a ‘contact of a contact’, and no one else from the school or class or our family has tested pos. Do I need to keep my 7 year old out of 2nd grade?

I can’t keep up with the rules.

If you are that concerned call the school. That's what I would do. My kids teacher is in quarantine right now but the school didn't tell the parents or tell anyone if she is positive or not. The school said that they don't share personal information. The only way I found out was my son telling me.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.11.2 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thetongue