SRS Coworker’s stepdad ended himself last week

KGB ate my bread

EVERYTHING IS FINE
OT Supporter
Mar 15, 2005
Louisiana
Didn’t know the guy but I helped him out the other month with his PC so he and my coworker could play the new WoW expansion together. Lame.

No one here knows either party I’m sure, but figured it was worth mentioning and throwing it out there that if anyone here is struggling with the stress of the world, please for the love of god reach out to someone, even if it’s just an OT’er. We’re all mostly here for each other and can often look past the reasons we disagree and dislike one another to genuinely help those in this weird community we’ve got that need it.

In any case, y’all be awesome today! We’re all here for you! :wavey:

TS
TS
KGB ate my bread

KGB ate my bread

EVERYTHING IS FINE
OT Supporter
Mar 15, 2005
Louisiana
Sad to hear. I’ve dealt with depression and thoughts of suicide for nearly two decades.
Same. I’ve had my head in some dark places but always got through it, and thankfully it seems less an issue these days for me.

Just been taken aback a little as this guy was probably only 10-15 years older than me. My coworker didn’t have the best 2020 so I’m really hoping this doesn’t mess him up. Probably going to slow cook him a roast in our pressure cooker and drop that off to him tonight/tomorrow.

Ray Wonder

he shid
Jun 7, 2017
Pittsburgh, PA
DMs open to anyone who needs to talk

Also for anybody who is experiencing depression, especially in winter time, Vitamin D supplements are incredible at helping to curb it :hs:

It's a good feeling to be up beat and happy about the day ahead :)
Will vouch for Vitamin D.
Had a rough year mentally a while back, but ever since I've regularly taken Vitamin D, I've been great.

TS
TS
KGB ate my bread

KGB ate my bread

EVERYTHING IS FINE
OT Supporter
Mar 15, 2005
Louisiana
Why post this on OT??
Never know who’s going through some shit; 2020 and 2021 so far haven’t been easy for a lot of people out there, and I’m sure that’s true for some OT’ers.
Sorry for your loss even though you weren't close.

But serious question...what kinda video card? :hmm:

it was a 7950; coworker mentioned his dad’s 550ti died and this was a suitable upgrade I had collecting dust; had to fix thePC after the fact by redoing the thermal paste on the gpu. Was kinda fun to play IT tech for an evening

Reactions: Twinsen

Mercedes

IZLAM hummus king
Feb 14, 2003
Orlando FL
Didn’t know the guy but I helped him out the other month with his PC so he and my coworker could play the new WoW expansion together. Lame.

No one here knows either party I’m sure, but figured it was worth mentioning and throwing it out there that if anyone here is struggling with the stress of the world, please for the love of god reach out to someone, even if it’s just an OT’er. We’re all mostly here for each other and can often look past the reasons we disagree and dislike one another to genuinely help those in this weird community we’ve got that need it.

In any case, y’all be awesome today! We’re all here for you! :wavey:
Yet some oters are wishing people to kill them selves of harm inflicted on them. Sad

deegan

OT Supporter
Jun 10, 2004
🇦🇺
Lost a friend a few years ago (time i perma'd myself from ot) Hardest question is why and knowing you'll never know.. he was a dedicated fitness junkie, had a 1yr old baby girl and amazing wife. Showed zero signs of depression or anything of the sorts, kept it all to himself. Then one morning went work early, like 3am, where he worked with his dad, drank a bottle and hung himself where his dad found him.

Normie

KungFlu Crew #002
OT Supporter
Lost a friend a few years ago (time i perma'd myself from ot) Hardest question is why and knowing you'll never know.. he was a dedicated fitness junkie, had a 1yr old baby girl and amazing wife. Showed zero signs of depression or anything of the sorts, kept it all to himself. Then one morning went work early, like 3am, where he worked with his dad, drank a bottle and hung himself where his dad found him.
Can't dwell on the why, had a similar experience, one of my best friend's wife hung herself. Difficult to wrap your head around

Reactions: deegan

Scottwax

Making detailing great again!
May 5, 2000
Home of the Texas Rangers
My Mom's dad killed himself when she was 16, I was told for years he died of cancer. I think I was in my 30s before my Mom told me the truth, it seemed like she was embarrassed he committed suicide. She had no idea why he even did it. Mental illness and depression are still stigmatized although its slowly becoming less so.

• Sad
Reactions: FartLighter

FartLighter

Resident Fart Expert
OT Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Will vouch for Vitamin D.
Had a rough year mentally a while back, but ever since I've regularly taken Vitamin D, I've been great.

Same. Vitamin D doesn't help my mood as much as others, but it definitely helps my energy levels. When you get your gallbladder removed they never tell you that you may end up with low Vitamin D.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DSimnovec