LOVE Creating a will

marxwa99

Boom Squad
Jan 16, 2001
B. Lake, WA
More or less, want to make a will with my partner as my primary beneficiary. Not sure about what steps I have to take though. I'm completely lost in these matters, so looking for input from whomever of you might have had to do this with your "life partners," "long term partners," "other half" or however you describe the person who's getting it stuck in, or stickin it in you :naughty:

camarosrool

yes i am
Jan 20, 2007
Austin, TX
marxwa99 said:
More or less, want to make a will with my partner as my primary beneficiary. Not sure about what steps I have to take though. I'm completely lost in these matters, so looking for input from whomever of you might have had to do this with your "life partners," "long term partners," "other half" or however you describe the person who's getting it stuck in, or stickin it in you :naughty:
im just going to post to bump becaue I would like to know this also

madriver

so yea. . .
Nov 12, 2001
Massachusetts
My advice would be to consult a lawyer who has experience with LGBT issues as it can probably get complicated depending on where you live. While it may end up costing some money, it is the best way to protect both you and your partner.

RougeOgre

FS Librarian and MOD
Jan 27, 2006
Frozen Bowels of HELL
Your going to have to find someone who knows Ohio law. Probably, if you have no offspring there will be no problems. People leave their money to all sorts of "unrelated" people. Some states required you to specify that you intend NOT to leave anything to blood relatives.

Sam Gamgee

Every tool is weapon if you hold it right.
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2001
Western MA
Find a lawyer... It should cost only about $100 or so to get the Will done.
they just use a standard form and then just insert the people who you want your stuff to go to.

it's quick and really easy to do.

I'd recommend a "Living Will", which you can find online... and then you just insert your names in the lines... but it feels like it's not as binding as when an actual lawyer from your state makes a formal will...

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448