FIT critique my lat spread posture

Status
Not open for further replies.

timberwolf

Jan 30, 2004
Toronto
Hands should be higher and usually people put their thumb around.
Pur, Jeff, Jam and Filmy would be able to give you better advice.

timberwolf

Jan 30, 2004
Toronto
1) Put one leg slightly behind you, go up on your toe to flex your calf.
2) Put your hands at your sides, grabbing hold of your obliques when performing the read lat spread posing.
3) Bring your elbows forward and slowly open up your lats, letting the judges watch the process as these muscles unfold.
4) Flare out your lats and round your back slightly to show maximum lat width.
5) Turn your head to the side to bring out the asymmetry of the traps.

timberwolf

Jan 30, 2004
Toronto
pics of your lat spread? :naughty:

:mamoru:

031108latspread1.jpg

4cd-Air

This user is longer available
Oct 4, 2001
OP is doing ok, needs to stand up straight and bring the thumbs, around back, and remember in a rear lat spread to spike a calf and show the hamstrings...kinda like this

dorianyatesrearlatspread24mr.jpg

Mr. Pelham

its hard to see your actual path of the pose from a picture. You need to kick your shoulders up and back, hands on your hips and flare out your lats and sit back.

[y]liJaD1shsVc[/y]

thats my shitty lat spread, but i always took pride in my posing (I've won best posing in 2 nationals)

Tighten the chest, suck in the stomach, and pull your lats out until it hurts. I use my thumbs on my hips, some (like timber) put their hands out in front.

My suggestion would be to watch video's of competitors doing it the right way and just mimic them. I modeled my routine after Ed Corney's. he was smooth and graceful, and that helps pull out the poses properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan