CAR Custom/Used slipon > New Exhaust system!

igotyofire

Jun 25, 2003
Lol atleast from a cost savings point of view. I just spent $125.00 so far on my new setup, still needs a bit more work, but it'll get done eventually. I bought a used muffler off ebay which came from an CBR 954rr, 50 bux shipped, 15 for the hanger clamp, 60 for custom piping, (with flange,centerstand stop & Clamp) @ an exhaust shop. I plan to shorten the muffler to remove the scratch on the canister & repack it at same time. and try and shine up the midpipe with some sand paper. All in All i think it beats paying $400.00+ ....for $400.00 i could get an exhaust system for my mustang with 2 mufflers & alot more piping, so it's hard to justify spending so much for so very little. Anyways im ready to be flamed, but heres a clip below. Just thought I'd share so others dont feel forced to buyin to such high prices! Even if your bike has an under tail exhaust a good fabricator should have no problem. Has anyone else done anything like this?

[y]Oqm5ocMWxvY[/y]

TS
TS
igotyofire

igotyofire

Jun 25, 2003
eh the wind noise is louder! at part throttle. All i hear is wind mostly when riding it. I dont think video quality is necessarily a good judge of how low somthing is....just what it sounds like. That was a quiet empty street with not much ambient noise . For example heres the video of the straight pipe which i had made before getting the muffler, on the same street, & it sounds way louder then the above exhaust.

[y]2yPTDGegtaI[/y]

GammaRadiation

Feb 15, 2007
Random Location.FL
I can hear the lope when you are out of sight. :rofl:

It looks like you are in a bit of a valley. I'm too used to florida. If you can hear a vehicle that well from that far away here, it is LOUD...bike or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peterparl19