CREW Cycling Crew 2022 - Older, slower, fatter, makes you badder

DieselUV

OT Supporter
Aug 31, 2004
LoCo, VA
anyone else get in on the zwift trainer deals? i ordered the kickr bike sat, before i saw the deal on slickdeals. finally shipped today.

Alias

OT Supporter
Dec 1, 2004
California _____________
It always sucks. A few days ago it was pretty light out by 6am, now it's dark again. Maybe on the plus side it's been cold so I'm not exactly rushing to ride outside anyway :/
Yea, at least with our weather we get like 2-3 weeks of comfortable mornings (to me anyway, anything 50+ at 8am is beautiful) then the time shifts and it's back to being cold again :o

TS
TS
6SpeedTA95

6SpeedTA95

OT Supporter
Jun 12, 2003
Oklahoma
Yeah Time change kind of sucks ATM. I'll probably be on the road Sat morning an hour before sunrise and it'll be 36 degrees, which means low lying areas will be 30. But need to try to knock out 60-65 miles prior to our weekend plans so I have to start early.

Catdrew

Elitist Member
OT Supporter
Jan 6, 2005
kanadia
Factor Ostro just arrived.

It's a bit of a bitch to build, as I'm a total noob to hydraulic disc brakes, thru axles, hidden seatpost bolts, integrated bar stems, D-shaped steerer tubes, basically everything about the bikes more difficult than any bike I've built before.
I’ve built a few, holler if you have any questions

Alias

OT Supporter
Dec 1, 2004
California _____________
If you want to be faster, lose weight. Look at the times on this hilly MTB loop I frequent. I'm riding less often than I did at the bottom of the lines. I just cut back on sugar/alcohol and focused on getting more protein and 20lbs just vanished in 6 weeks. Wife said I looked gaunt so I started eating more and settled ~5lbs higher.

asdf.png

bearsdidit

May 8, 2004
San Diego, CA
If you want to be faster, lose weight. Look at the times on this hilly MTB loop I frequent. I'm riding less often than I did at the bottom of the lines. I just cut back on sugar/alcohol and focused on getting more protein and 20lbs just vanished in 6 weeks. Wife said I looked gaunt so I started eating more and settled ~5lbs higher.

View attachment 205609
Congrats dude.

black jesus

OT Supporter
Apr 30, 2002
Denton, TX

View attachment 205609
I am desperately trying to put down the fucking beer. I've put on 45w of FTP since December but also the heaviest I've been since I bought a bike 8 years ago. Also, headed out on the e-bike to the cheese show now, ttyl!

Reactions: 6SpeedTA95

{hydro}

OT Supporter
Aug 1, 2005
Upstate CA
Oh man the other day on a flat smooth section I finally got a tailwind where it matches your speed perfectly and you go flying and hear nothing but the wheels humming. 😍

Reactions: bearsdidit

Beer Goggles

hit me with those laser beams
Apr 30, 2017
SQUATTSDALE
My car was totaled recently and since I WFH I decided to go 100% bike only. Picked up a couple new (used) bikes off of craiglist.

My commuter/gym/grocery getter Scattante F570 that I picked up for $200

6hXJFmt.jpg

My weekend warrior Trek Madone that I picked up for $525

UA4Xpc6.jpg

:wavey:

vtec1994

It always rains at Le Mans
Jun 11, 2001
Atlanta
Need opinion from the group...

Set a goal of 2500mi this year. Basically need to do 50mi a week, which is generally attainable for me. But, with work travel and being out of town for other events, I'm behind. I want to meet the goal and now I have to play catch-up. I find myself almost forcing myself to ride when in reality I feel kinda tired and would rather relax.

Today is a perfect example.. did 17mi yesterday, I know Ill be out of town this weekend, so I'm trying to motivate myself to ride today, but I'm just not feeling it.

I think once summer hits I can easily exceed the 50mi/wk as I have gotten pretty comfortable on 30min rides, which seem to be the minimum for group rides around here. Hopefully I can continue to increase that to 40 by end of summer.

How do I balance this?

CraneCamsOU

Sep 1, 2003
how do you feel after when you ride when you're not in the mood?

Always always feel good after a ride. Note that “Good” here is synonymous with exhausted, sore, hangry, but also fucking amped from a killer group ride.

Beer Goggles

hit me with those laser beams
Apr 30, 2017
SQUATTSDALE

Set a goal of 2500mi this year. Basically need to do 50mi a week, which is generally attainable for me. But, with work travel and being out of town for other events, I'm behind. I want to meet the goal and now I have to play catch-up. I find myself almost forcing myself to ride when in reality I feel kinda tired and would rather relax.

Today is a perfect example.. did 17mi yesterday, I know Ill be out of town this weekend, so I'm trying to motivate myself to ride today, but I'm just not feeling it.

I think once summer hits I can easily exceed the 50mi/wk as I have gotten pretty comfortable on 30min rides, which seem to be the minimum for group rides around here. Hopefully I can continue to increase that to 40 by end of summer.

How do I balance this?
Getting started is the hardest part… For me after the first 15 mins I usually feel great

black jesus

OT Supporter
Apr 30, 2002
Denton, TX

How do I balance this?
Wear a mask on the plane. A couple of my friends and I have a theory that crushing yourself on the bike makes you more susceptible to contracting illness on the plane.

Alias

OT Supporter
Dec 1, 2004
California _____________

How do I balance this?
For me, scheduling & caffeine. I ride Tue/Thu/Sat like clockwork. I wake up on those days and I just know I'm riding. The first 5 mins, especially when it's cold, are always a bit of a grind but then I get in the zone and have a good ride.

Reactions: vtec1994

CraneCamsOU

Sep 1, 2003
Wear a mask on the plane. A couple of my friends and I have a theory that crushing yourself on the bike makes you more susceptible to contracting illness on the plane.
That is probably true, but I typically feel better after a good ride when fighting a cold or lung congestion. I'm sure that's more placebo driven from enjoying the hobby

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.9.0 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
West1971