CREW Cycling Crew 2022 - Older, slower, fatter, makes you badder

black jesus

OT Supporter
Apr 30, 2002
Denton, TX
Sons, just nuked an M8000 pedal spindle and they are unobtainium so I ordered XTR for my Stigmata CX bike which is now sub-17lb. RIP money.

Last edited:
Reactions: bearsdidit

black jesus

OT Supporter
Apr 30, 2002
Denton, TX
edit: PD-M8000
Only so much mud, sand, mud, sand, etc. and the cup/cone abrades; the balls are super hard. These pedal spindles/bearings have seen some shit and this last service the inboard rubber seal was just gone. I grease them once per season on the CX bike, but I suppose there are limits. Sadly the $35-50 axle assemblies are out of stock everywhere.

Reactions: {hydro}

{hydro}

OT Supporter
Aug 1, 2005
Upstate CA
Path was only half dry, I was in a hurry, not paying attention, and hit a wet corner way too fast. Bike is mostly good but elbow got a lot taken off and is nasty.

Edit: thankfully started wearing full finger gloves (Giro DNDs) a week ago because my hand hit hard but no marks.

Screen Shot 2022-04-28 at 7.42.59 PM.png

Last edited:
TS
TS
6SpeedTA95

6SpeedTA95

OT Supporter
Jun 12, 2003
Oklahoma
Path was only half dry and I was in a hurry, not paying attention, and hit a wet corner way too fast. Bike is mostly good but elbow got a lot taken off and is nasty.

Edit: thankfully started wearing full finger gloves (Giro DNDs) a week ago because my hand hit hard but no marks.

ouch

DieselUV

OT Supporter
Aug 31, 2004
LoCo, VA
i bet my mechanic friend knows of that dude.

edit:
"Yeah. Crazy shit right? I also know the mechanic there that now owns it. He's told me even more shit. I knew most of the goings on except for the corporate lies, but I suspected as this behavior is never in isolation"

Beer Goggles

hit me with those laser beams
Apr 30, 2017
SQUATTSDALE
Path was only half dry, I was in a hurry, not paying attention, and hit a wet corner way too fast. Bike is mostly good but elbow got a lot taken off and is nasty.

Ouch. Wet pavement is how I broke my last bike

strik9

Verbing weirds language.
May 18, 2001
Md
Only have a couple rides scheduled this year outside of normal group rides. Hopefully this gets me more motivated, started late this year :o

black jesus

OT Supporter
Apr 30, 2002
Denton, TX
Five hours on the gravel bike and half a lap of easy single track today, alone, in the heat. FML. Rule of Three is two weeks away, pray for me, sons.

Also, FTP is up a colossal number after my 3-4 weeks of VO2 work. Yesterday's small group ride was awesome now that I am "recovering" where I was at or slightly over threshold prior. :coold:

{hydro}

OT Supporter
Aug 1, 2005
Upstate CA
where did you get those? both my orders for black and transparent are on back order
Aliexpress :mamoru2:

I know pics of the small print/lettering might not convince someone of their authenticity but I examined the shit out of them and can take up close pics if you want. I should have taken pics of the inside but there wasn’t anything that made me think they were counterfeit.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.9.0 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
West1971