CREW Cycling Crew 2022 - Older, slower, fatter, makes you badder

black jesus

OT Supporter
Apr 30, 2002
Denton, TX
Anyone interested in three size-L The Black Bibs Aero Speed II jerseys?
All three washed once, never worn, stupidly forgetting I wear a medium and not a large. $150 for the three and I'll cover shipping.

black jesus

OT Supporter
Apr 30, 2002
Denton, TX
Five hours on the gravel bike and half a lap of easy single track today, alone, in the heat. FML. Rule of Three is two weeks away, pray for me, sons.

Also, FTP is up a colossal number after my 3-4 weeks of VO2 work. Yesterday's small group ride was awesome now that I am "recovering" where I was at or slightly over threshold prior. :coold:
I survived but this Topstone AL on single track is probably a lot like doing auto-cross in a Suburban. In other news, R8020 or whatever cable/hydro Ultegra is on the way in a care package from a friend to save this SRAM Apex bike from further compliant.

TS
TS
6SpeedTA95

6SpeedTA95

OT Supporter
Jun 12, 2003
Oklahoma
Five hours on the gravel bike and half a lap of easy single track today, alone, in the heat. FML. Rule of Three is two weeks away, pray for me, sons.

Also, FTP is up a colossal number after my 3-4 weeks of VO2 work. Yesterday's small group ride was awesome now that I am "recovering" where I was at or slightly over threshold prior. :coold:
That's awesome! The heat kicked my ass this morning. I started blowing up after 40 miles, by 60-65 I was cramping bad and was back home by 75 :wtc:

Scottwax

Making detailing great again!
May 5, 2000
Home of the Texas Rangers
Went out to ride my MTB the other day, right pedal was all wobbly. Felt like a loose cleat. But they were tight, realized the pedal had some movement so tried to tighten it. No go. The thread insert in the crank arm shit the bed. And of course they are carbon cranks so $$$ to replace. Should be here next week.

Weighed my bike minus the pedals (still had two bottle holders, bracket for the taillight and the computer. 20 lb, 1 oz. Not bad for a bike that started off at 26.5 lb.

Reactions: 6SpeedTA95

{hydro}

OT Supporter
Aug 1, 2005
Upstate CA
Ran over a rattlesnake for the first time.

Saw a guy on the path up ahead turning around and didn't think anything of it. He saw me coming up quick but waits until I'm a few feet from him to yell something, he repeats "rattlesnake," and I don't see shit until my tire hits..

I appreciate him telling me but it was like 20ft away and I was going fast and didn't have time to react.

The weird part was that earlier in the ride, I was thinking about what I'd do if I saw a snake in the path (slow down to try and swerve, speed up, etc) because it was pretty warm. Not even common to see them around the river area I was riding as far as I know.

ʎǝʞsoɹƆɔW

Looks like I picked the wrong week....
OT Supporter
Jul 21, 2004
The Potato Field
Cliffs....the Austin PD issued an arrest warrant for the murder of cyclist Moriah Wilson.....

Apparently moriah wilson went swimming with another cyclist at a public pool then his current girlfriend came to the house moriah wilson was staying at and killed her

cliffs:cliffs: bitches be crazy

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anthony 74