CREW Cycling Crew 2022 - Older, slower, fatter, makes you badder

black jesus

OT Supporter
Apr 30, 2002
Denton, TX
Does anyone know if these can be used in shifter housing stops to run full-length housing? I am really pissed about my mechanical and trying to avoid buying a different frame or Rival AXS.

1653309468382.png

DieselUV

OT Supporter
Aug 31, 2004
LoCo, VA
I've been using a decent stationary bike 3-4 times a week for 20 minute sessions. Haven't lost any weight. Feels bad man. I need to get back on my real bike.
i do like 45 min 3-4 days a week and a longer ride and still can't lose weight. it's my diet and booze though.

cRaZe

3rd world slummin
Aug 14, 2000
Southern Philippines
i do like 45 min 3-4 days a week and a longer ride and still can't lose weight. it's my diet and booze though.
I don't eat a lot or drink ever. I'm just really sedentary since I don't work or have to do much of anything. Maybe it's time I start stepping up my session times.

jared_IRL

OT Supporter
Feb 12, 2006
I've been using a decent stationary bike 3-4 times a week for 20 minute sessions. Haven't lost any weight. Feels bad man. I need to get back on my real bike.

20 minutes isn't enough to lose weight. get to 45 minutes to an hour, even if you have to drop the intensity to hang on that long.

CraneCamsOU

Sep 1, 2003
Back in stock alert -

cRaZe

3rd world slummin
Aug 14, 2000
Southern Philippines
20 minutes isn't enough to lose weight. get to 45 minutes to an hour, even if you have to drop the intensity to hang on that long.
I used to do 16 mile IRL rides in an hour before so I know somewhere in this shabby body I've still got that baseline athleticism hiding. Not going to lie though spinning bikes are boring af. I have to make sure I've got some good youtube vids lined up or I talk myself into stopping by the 15 minute mark.

Alias

OT Supporter
Dec 1, 2004
California _____________
I don't eat a lot or drink ever. I'm just really sedentary since I don't work or have to do much of anything. Maybe it's time I start stepping up my session times.

It's diet. Get an idea your base metabolic rate, eat that amount, and create a deficit with exercise. Counting calories sucks but if you meal prep with known quantities/portions, you only have to do it once.

I tried to out-train my diet for years and thought it would be hard to do any better but once I nailed down my diet everything got easier. I lost 20lbs in 6 weeks (small gut to shredded abs), had more energy, slept better and felt better on less sleep. I can't stress enough what a massive QOL improvement it's been.

Reactions: cRaZe and DieselUV

DieselUV

OT Supporter
Aug 31, 2004
LoCo, VA
It's diet. Get an idea your base metabolic rate, eat that amount, and create a deficit with exercise. Counting calories sucks but if you meal prep with known quantities/portions, you only have to do it once.

I tried to out-train my diet for years and thought it would be hard to do any better but once I nailed down my diet everything got easier. I lost 20lbs in 6 weeks (small gut to shredded abs), had more energy, slept better and felt better on less sleep. I can't stress enough what a massive QOL improvement it's been.
yeah i am fine when i control portions but i always eat kids leftovers and prob snack too much. need to cut soda too.

kenmei

Squatty Potty
OT Supporter
Mar 10, 2003
Bay Area, CA
Path was only half dry, I was in a hurry, not paying attention, and hit a wet corner way too fast. Bike is mostly good but elbow got a lot taken off and is nasty.

Edit: thankfully started wearing full finger gloves (Giro DNDs) a week ago because my hand hit hard but no marks.

eek, same shit happened to me last year, except with silt/sand left over from where the creek washed over the trail. hit the turn at normal speed (after a downhill) and lost my back tire... road rash is no fun.

Reactions: {hydro}

{hydro}

OT Supporter
Aug 1, 2005
Upstate CA
eek, same shit happened to me last year, except with silt/sand left over from where the creek washed over the trail. hit the turn at normal speed (after a downhill) and lost my back tire... road rash is no fun.
Yeah I slow way down for the corner now even when it's dry :rofl:

1200mk

Still same OG
Aug 9, 2001
What’s a good heart rate monitor that I could use on my peloton and outdoors?

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.9.0 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
West1971