CREW Cycling Crew 2022 - Older, slower, fatter, makes you badder

black jesus

OT Supporter
Apr 30, 2002
Denton, TX
No offense but at 33.5 miles you don't need a mid ride snack especially if thats only once or twice a week type of thing. Just keep the distance up and your body will adjust.

Sure but you want your body to store more glycogen in the muscles and dispatch glycogen and fat for fuel.
A common mistake people make is eating too much and using moderate cycling as an excuse to eat anything. The body doesn’t work that way and Id be shocked if he was doing 33.5 miles of threshold intervals.

The other mistake is eating too little (I fall into this sometimes) but if 33.5 is his longest ride ever he’s likely not eating too little or glycogen depleted unless it’s intervals five days a week for 30 miles at a pop. If that’s the case he’s Superman and we should all be taking notes.
I'm not qualified to pick this shit apart but my coaching people talk about this in detail, frequently, and I'd always eat before and during a ride for anything over 1 hour even at low intensity.

Fat adaptive pod:

black jesus

OT Supporter
Apr 30, 2002
Denton, TX
The calorie number comes from my Garmin watch and I didnt eat anything before I started. Was drinking water with Nuun tablets.

View attachment 228528
Of course you exploded and bonked. 75-120g CH/hour is my target for ranging from easy Z2 up to simulated heart attacks. I quit telling people I race with this stuff, will continue to allow them to bonk during CX races and marathon XC.

vtec1994

It always rains at Le Mans
Jun 11, 2001
Atlanta
Of course you exploded and bonked. 75-120g CH/hour is my target for ranging from easy Z2 up to simulated heart attacks. I quit telling people I race with this stuff, will continue to allow them to bonk during CX races and marathon XC.
What is CH/hr?

TS
TS
6SpeedTA95

6SpeedTA95

OT Supporter
Jun 12, 2003
Oklahoma
I'm not qualified to pick this shit apart but my coaching people talk about this in detail, frequently, and I'd always eat before and during a ride for anything over 1 hour even at low intensity.

Fat adaptive pod:
Will def listen

{hydro}

OT Supporter
Aug 1, 2005
Upstate CA
Not sure how many of you guys are in the Strava OT group but I was wondering who is who. Seeing if anyone wants to post or PM me their username.

black jesus

OT Supporter
Apr 30, 2002
Denton, TX
So you're aiming to consume that much before/during your ride to make those numbers work? So a 2hr ride you're consuming 150-240g of carbs before/during?
I struggle to eat more than 75g CH in most workouts. However, I did an MTB race and broke every power record at and under three hours and ate 90g CH per hour.

TS
TS
6SpeedTA95

6SpeedTA95

OT Supporter
Jun 12, 2003
Oklahoma
Not sure how many of you guys are in the Strava OT group but I was wondering who is who. Seeing if anyone wants to post or PM me their username.
I joined that group a few years ago nothing ever happens in there and I don’t even show any activities for myself which is odd.

TS
TS
6SpeedTA95

6SpeedTA95

OT Supporter
Jun 12, 2003
Oklahoma
Turns out it was a homeless and crazy dude walking around. Also, hot enough yesterday that people had seizures from the pro race.
??? We heard he was not homeless but an anti cycling guy who had done the same at two other events at TT. He was drunk and trying to cause issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.9.0 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
West1971