CREW Cycling Crew 2022 - Older, slower, fatter, makes you badder

TS
TS
6SpeedTA95

6SpeedTA95

OT Supporter
Jun 12, 2003
Oklahoma
Once meniscus is gone, it’s gone. They were going to try and repair it but it was too bad when they actually got in there. If they didn’t take out the damaged part, it would have rattled around in there and wore away the cartilage over time. Doctor said that regular strength training will help keep the knee stable and mitigate the effects of having it removed. Fixing my acl will also help keep that area stable.

The surgery really tightens up the knee area and your quad basically shuts down. So in PT I’ve been working on stretching out my hamstring and calf to help my leg go straight. Once it’s straight I work on quad exercises to help get that to engage and strengthen again. Then I focus on getting my leg to bend backwards. A couple different reps of sliding my foot back and working on that bend. I got it to 110 degrees last week, but it was pretty difficult and painful. It’s a fine line to watch between pushing yourself enough, but not too much where you will get injured and have a setback.
Yea makes sense. Can't re-injure it.

SeaMack99

OT Supporter
Aug 7, 2005
Nebraska
I don’t think I’ll gain a lot of weight, but I’ll try to watch out for that. Recovery is going pretty good but it’s annoying and I would definitely be happier if I was able to do some training now.

Half my meniscus got removed and they did acl reconstruction with a donor ACL.
They were gonna use a donor for me but when they found out I was a cyclist they decided to take from my hamstring. PT wasn't bad but what nobody ever tells you is that for first couple of days really suck especially if you have to take a shit.

TS
TS
6SpeedTA95

6SpeedTA95

OT Supporter
Jun 12, 2003
Oklahoma
They were gonna use a donor for me but when they found out I was a cyclist they decided to take from my hamstring. PT wasn't bad but what nobody ever tells you is that for first couple of days really suck especially if you have to take a shit.
Taking a shit is part of life. They should figure that out, they are doctors after all.

saabguy

Saab-free since 2013. Mortgage guru
OT Supporter
Aug 11, 2003
Loserville. Population: 1
My friend just had his surgery for almost the same thing about 6 weeks before mine. They used his own hamstring, and he said it hurt like crazy after :rofl: I think they repaired his meniscus, so he had 0 weight bearing for a while so it wouldn’t pop the sutures in his meniscus. It’s been a rough recovery for him. The first 1 week was pretty demoralizing for me. It just hurts 24/7 and you question if you’ll ever be able to walk again. Showering sucks so you just skip them, then feel like a bum laying around all day in your own stink and filth. I can get around much better now. But I tire quickly. Just walking around makes my left leg tired because quad is super weak. And right leg gets tired because it’s picking up the slack. Thank god I’m in a warm climate because with this leg brace, I haven’t worn pants for the last 3 weeks :rofl:

saabguy

Saab-free since 2013. Mortgage guru
OT Supporter
Aug 11, 2003
Loserville. Population: 1
And shitting was bad at first because the pain pills clog you up. Eventually I took a dump, but imagine dumping with your legs fully extended. Hard to get that leverage for a good grunt.

TS
TS
6SpeedTA95

6SpeedTA95

OT Supporter
Jun 12, 2003
Oklahoma
My friend just had his surgery for almost the same thing about 6 weeks before mine. They used his own hamstring, and he said it hurt like crazy after :rofl: I think they repaired his meniscus, so he had 0 weight bearing for a while so it wouldn’t pop the sutures in his meniscus. It’s been a rough recovery for him. The first 1 week was pretty demoralizing for me. It just hurts 24/7 and you question if you’ll ever be able to walk again. Showering sucks so you just skip them, then feel like a bum laying around all day in your own stink and filth. I can get around much better now. But I tire quickly. Just walking around makes my left leg tired because quad is super weak. And right leg gets tired because it’s picking up the slack. Thank god I’m in a warm climate because with this leg brace, I haven’t worn pants for the last 3 weeks :rofl:
Sitting around with your dick out like a bossssssss player....

vtec1994

It always rains at Le Mans
Jun 11, 2001
Atlanta
Well, crushing it already :rofl: Still need to do an actual FTP test this week.

Avm808l.png

Catdrew

Elitist Member
OT Supporter
Jan 6, 2005
kanadia
Is it "cheating" if you dial back the difficulty on Zwift?
No, all it changes is how hard it kicks with erg mode

Their algorithm is terrible at predicting momentum with rolling terrain so dialing it back makes sense

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anthony 74