CREW Cycling Crew 2022 - Older, slower, fatter, makes you badder

Alias

OT Supporter
Dec 1, 2004
California _____________
This doesn't look right, does it? I went to clean/grease the headset bearings and there is a big gap between the bearing and the fork. It's my understanding these have an integrated crown race but it still doesn't look right with the gap. There is no gap between the fork and the head tube when it is all assembled and there is no knocking when I grab the front brake and rock the bike back and forth. I just rode it and it feels fine but this gap is still making me uneasy.

IMG_8208.JPEG

ʎǝʞsoɹƆɔW

Looks like I picked the wrong week....
OT Supporter
Jul 21, 2004
The Potato Field
The Tour has been pretty good so far. Usually can catch the 2nd half when I get home.
speaking of which.....

everytime i turn on the tour I see this Lexus commercial where this chick rolls up on her cyclist hubby/boyfriendunit and is all "DO. YOU. WANT. SOME. MOOOOOOORE??!??!?!"

am i missing some reference or is the commercial just dumb?

found it

Reactions: Scottwax

Alias

OT Supporter
Dec 1, 2004
California _____________
Further forward is better as you break less saddles that way

I’ve worked on a ton of those bikes :o

@Alias that is normal
Looks weird, every other headset I've seen rests flush with the fork :o

You've been killing it with answers for me lately so I have one more for you :x: I recently got Lake MX238's in wide because my Sidi Dominator Mega's felt too narrow. Problem solved, foot pain gone :bowdown: however, I'm getting some lateral knee pain on one knee. I also felt some posterior knee pain so I dropped the saddle a few mm (assuming new shoes are thinner overall stack), but I'm still getting the lateral pain. I have my cleats set up the same way (just BARELY toed in as I'm just barely duck-footed). The last fitter I worked with said I "need varus support" but I've never used it nor needed it. I know this lateral pain can be from cleat angle, too narrow of a Q-factor, lack of varus support, or seat too high. Since I already lowered the seat, what would you do next?

Catdrew

Elitist Member
OT Supporter
Jan 6, 2005
kanadia
It’s probably shoe or cleat related

I’d try to find a fitter who is really good with that stuff

gui3

all the dude ever wanted was his rug back
May 6, 2000
@Alias i just got a retul fit. $400 but it totally fixed my foot and knee pain, also the fitter gave me a lot of insight on a bunch of stuff… so i feel like it was worth it.

Alias

OT Supporter
Dec 1, 2004
California _____________
@Alias i just got a retul fit. $400 but it totally fixed my foot and knee pain, also the fitter gave me a lot of insight on a bunch of stuff… so i feel like it was worth it.
Bad ass :bowdown:

I got Retul insoles @ $150 and that was well worth it. My fit is DIALED right now except some lateral knee pain that showed up on one side when I got new shoes. The new shoes fixed foot pain but gave me knee pain :rolleyes: Hoping I can figure that out soon.

gui3

all the dude ever wanted was his rug back
May 6, 2000
Bad ass :bowdown:

I got Retul insoles @ $150 and that was well worth it. My fit is DIALED right now except some lateral knee pain that showed up on one side when I got new shoes. The new shoes fixed foot pain but gave me knee pain :rolleyes: Hoping I can figure that out soon.
I almost did the custom insoles. Turns out I have super high arches - I thought I had flat feet and needed extra-wide shoes. The Specialized Green insoles are working pretty well.

Such a great experience to have someone just tell you what you need instead of endless googling and reading forum threads and trying stuff. I did that for years until finally just sprung for the full service fit.

Reactions: Alias

ʎǝʞsoɹƆɔW

Looks like I picked the wrong week....
OT Supporter
Jul 21, 2004
The Potato Field
I recently tripled sodium intake, feels good man.
BASE salts are the win..

keep a tube in the shoulder strap on my hydration pack..... apparently the ironman peeps live on that stuff according to my ironman coworker

has worked for me well when i was riding lots of miles in 100+ in the past.

Alias

OT Supporter
Dec 1, 2004
California _____________
BASE salts are the win..

keep a tube in the shoulder strap on my hydration pack..... apparently the ironman peeps live on that stuff according to my ironman coworker

has worked for me well when i was riding lots of miles in 100+ in the past.

I won't even check the mail if it's 100+ idk how ya'll are riding in it :rofl: straight up misery.

Hard ceiling at 75 (mtb) or 80 (road) for me. And I've lived where it gets to 100 +/- 5-10 degrees every day for 3 months straight for over a decade.

• Cool
Reactions: ʎǝʞsoɹƆɔW

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.9.0 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
West1971