CREW Cycling Crew 2022 - Older, slower, fatter, makes you badder

ʎǝʞsoɹƆɔW

Looks like I picked the wrong week....
OT Supporter
Jul 21, 2004
The Potato Field
yesterday/today was the local MTB club's 'judgement day' ride..... 70or100 miles in 24 hours on 10 trails.

Acquaintance shared their consumables over their 10 trails. Temps were 84F-102F during the event.

Prob still at a huge calorie deficit

1658692715476.png

Reactions: black jesus

CopenKagan

Feb 27, 2003
Salt Lake City, Utah
Curious how you like it. X01 (mech) is pretty picky to get tuned just right or it shifts terribly. The latest thing messing it up for me was some burrs on the jockey wheels. Once I replaced those, it's :bowdown:
I got it installed last night. Planning to give it a shakedown on Tuesday, so I'll let you know.

It's surprising that you have issues with X01. My mech GX has been incredibly easy to tune and goes an entire season shifting smoothly.

Alias

OT Supporter
Dec 1, 2004
California _____________
I got it installed last night. Planning to give it a shakedown on Tuesday, so I'll let you know.

It's surprising that you have issues with X01. My mech GX has been incredibly easy to tune and goes an entire season shifting smoothly.
& @Catdrew yeah once I set b-tension at sag it worked great for a while and then the jockey wheels got messed up but once I replaced those it’s been perfect

ʎǝʞsoɹƆɔW

OT Supporter
Jul 21, 2004
The Potato Field
Aussie national champ got yeeted down the fucking road. I think everyone got up and back on a bike too.

the peacock feed showed they were going about 34mph at the time

DieselUV

OT Supporter
Aug 31, 2004
LoCo, VA
Holy fuck Conti tubeless tires have gotten expensive. I'm just about to mount my last spare and ordering more... most places charging $100 +/- $10 :ugh: :rofl:

Any other tubeless road tires I should try? I don't want a boat anchor like a Gatorskin but it doesn't necessarily need to be as fast as a GP5000TL. Easier to mount than a GP5000TL would be nice :rofl:
i just got the new STR. they're so nice. replaced my Pirelli PZeros. i had GP5000s before that

Reactions: Alias

DieselUV

OT Supporter
Aug 31, 2004
LoCo, VA
So decided to rent a bike in Maui and tried to do the west maui loop, 60 miles 4k+ft, had a lot of firsts. Didn't get on the road until like 10:30 which gave me the pleasure of climbing with 15 mph headwinds with idk how fucking fast gusts for the first time. Made it half way through (36 miles, 3.8k ft) and had to call wife to pick me up for the first time. Had debilitating quad cramps about 3/4 of the way through for the first time. Rode in heat before but never at this intensity. The views were nice though!

View attachment 237645
View attachment 237646
View attachment 237647
i rented a Tarmac SL6 on the big island 2 weeks ago. planned this 44mi route with 3500' elevation or so. too bad one 10mi stretch was all of that elevation. i climbed for about 50 min and gave up bc it was like 90 degrees. took like 5 min to go down at 40mph.

Reactions: 6SpeedTA95

ʎǝʞsoɹƆɔW

OT Supporter
Jul 21, 2004
The Potato Field
Seems like a bad plan to run over your own team

1658964220876.jpeg

chick had already had 2 bike changes then got hit by her own car as she was trying slide right to get back into the group with the riders ahead. Car didn't back off and bam. Lucky the car didn't actually run her over.

Last edited:

N8

Dec 27, 2001
Canada
& @Catdrew yeah once I set b-tension at sag it worked great for a while and then the jockey wheels got messed up but once I replaced those it’s been perfect

I've had GX AXS on my Epic Evo since it came available. Unlike other SRAM trash, once you've got everything dialled in it is bulletproof. Requires zero adjustment and/or fiddling and every shift is perfect.

Shimano really needs to release 12-speed XT/XTR Di2 already though. :mad:

N8

Dec 27, 2001
Canada
In other news, i'm buying a new Slash as a replacement for my current long travel bike. :coold:

diaper eater

OT Supporter
Nov 12, 2003
mpls, minnesota
Curious how you like it. X01 (mech) is pretty picky to get tuned just right or it shifts terribly. The latest thing messing it up for me was some burrs on the jockey wheels. Once I replaced those, it's :bowdown:
I like GX AXS a lot, the shifter paddle blows and doesnt work well on my bars with my saint levers, lots of interference at the position i want it at so my thumb doesnt get heckled all the time by the shifter.

Alias

OT Supporter
Dec 1, 2004
California _____________
I like GX AXS a lot, the shifter paddle blows and doesnt work well on my bars with my saint levers, lots of interference at the position i want it at so my thumb doesnt get heckled all the time by the shifter.
Yea I feel like my bars are cluttered with brakes, shifter, dropper, and a bell :hs: I got the slimmest bell I could find (Knog Oi Bell Luxe).

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.9.0 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
West1971