CREW Cycling Crew 2022 - Older, slower, fatter, makes you badder

black jesus

OT Supporter
Apr 30, 2002
Denton, TX
I like it.

BTW apparently people equate Cannondale with being a "hipster" brand now? how did that happen?
Probably from their non-race bikes like Topstone and shit like that, and I'd love to have one. I'm sure the Palace/Rapha collaboration looks hip.

gui3

all the dude ever wanted was his rug back
May 6, 2000
Probably from their non-race bikes like Topstone and shit like that, and I'd love to have one. I'm sure the Palace/Rapha collaboration looks hip.
Makes sense.

When I think Cannondale I think like CAAD, Supersix, etc. Strange how they change their logo to Helvetica, paint a bike pink and now they're the hipster brand

TS
TS
6SpeedTA95

6SpeedTA95

OT Supporter
Jun 12, 2003
Oklahoma
They are not expensive

A ultegra di2 bike with carbon wheels was almost the same price 7 years ago

The more bikes cost the less they have been effected by inflation. A dogma with carbon wheels and super record eps was $19k Canadian 9 years ago, the same bike is $20k today

In that same time an r3 ultegra has gone from $3500 to $6500
Ostro VAM frame only is 5499. If you want a complete bike its 10k+ that may not be expensive to you but for me it is.

{hydro}

OT Supporter
Aug 1, 2005
Upstate CA
Sooo I have a dumb question. Do you always remove chain links to fit your set up?

Close to needing a new one and have a replacement 116L ready just felt like asking.. :o

Edit: Should I replace when the .5 on the gauge clears?

{hydro}

OT Supporter
Aug 1, 2005
Upstate CA
Life got in the way of riding the last couple months and my endurance sucks. I’m going to get back to it and hopefully road trip before winter to a cool spot with the fam and get some riding in.

{hydro}

OT Supporter
Aug 1, 2005
Upstate CA
I like mine. The Ostro was my mid-life crisis bike purchase, it's a little weird to be 41 and riding a legit pro tour bike, but it's super fun.

Thankfully I had the sense to NOT ride the Ostro last week when it was wet out and I ended up crashing and fracturing my pelvis.
I was riding my $500 Chinese open mold frame, which actually seems to not be broken.
Pics of the Ostro? Didn’t even know those existed but they look awesome.

black jesus

OT Supporter
Apr 30, 2002
Denton, TX
Sooo I have a dumb question. Do you always remove chain links to fit your set up?

Close to needing a new one and have a replacement 116L ready just felt like asking.. :o

Edit: Should I replace when the .5 on the gauge clears?
Replace the chain when shifting is less than absolute perfection. Yes, change at .5 and measure at several places in the chain as stretch is inconsistent. I always remove links to get the right length that allows for my 52/36x11-32 set-up though I usually ride an 11-30.

Reactions: {hydro}

jared_IRL

OT Supporter
Feb 12, 2006
Any of yous race on Zwift?

Won a C race today over lunchtime. Was fun. Haven't spent much time actually racing on there.

jared_IRL

OT Supporter
Feb 12, 2006
i've never done a race, just training

Yeah, me neither, until recently. Had a long lunch break, and wandered into the 'event' section of the app, and saw a race was starting in 15 minutes, so I jumped in. Was way more fun than I expected. There was some actual strategy involved, a mid-ride breakaway, and a sprint finish. I won by like .4 seconds, and you could see the three of us hammering it out to the line.

Prolly gonna do more.

DieselUV

OT Supporter
Aug 31, 2004
LoCo, VA
Yeah, me neither, until recently. Had a long lunch break, and wandered into the 'event' section of the app, and saw a race was starting in 15 minutes, so I jumped in. Was way more fun than I expected. There was some actual strategy involved, a mid-ride breakaway, and a sprint finish. I won by like .4 seconds, and you could see the three of us hammering it out to the finish.

Prolly gonna do more.
i don't even use any of the "game" features. i barely even steer lol

jared_IRL

OT Supporter
Feb 12, 2006
i don't even use any of the "game" features. i barely even steer lol

You can steer? I don't do that, lol. I just have an old cannondale supersix attached to a Kickr.

I do a lot of the group rides and virtual partner rides, because it gets me more miles in. I often feel like the structured training is fucked up and shorts you on mph.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.9.0 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
West1971