CREW Cycling Crew 2022 - Older, slower, fatter, makes you badder

ʎǝʞsoɹƆɔW

My name is HiMars
OT Supporter
Jul 21, 2004
Potato Field
so apparently i wasn't the only one asking WTF about that lexus commercial they played every 4 minutes during the TdF where the chick is asking the cyclist "DO YOU WANT SOME MORE"

apparently, for broadcast they thought it was cool to confuse people by cutting off the Peloton reference at the beginning

LE ROI LE VEUT

Sep 30, 2015
I rode a pretty epic gravel ride in the mountains today through some national forests. The roads were shit and I should have been on a mtb (was on my cx/gravel bike on 33’s lol). I was getting a little nervous I would blow a tire out but there were a bunch of hunters in side by sides so I bet I coulda hitched a ride.

Reactions: N8 and bearsdidit

black jesus

OT Supporter
Apr 30, 2002
Denton, TX
I'm probably signing up for trainer road after this next week. Hell I might even do it this week so I can get my ass kicked this year. I have to do something, I'm getting slower.
lol, get your tourniquet out:

In hindsight, I would have been better off writing my own workouts from podcasts and using Trainer Day. Trainer Road is married to a product that doesn't work.

Screenshot_20220828-170846.png

Last edited:

black jesus

OT Supporter
Apr 30, 2002
Denton, TX
so apparently i wasn't the only one asking WTF about that lexus commercial they played every 4 minutes during the TdF where the chick is asking the cyclist "DO YOU WANT SOME MORE"

apparently, for broadcast they thought it was cool to confuse people by cutting off the Peloton reference at the beginning

Nobody with flight deck or microshift has a Lexus in their house.

• Haha
Reactions: bearsdidit
TS
TS
6SpeedTA95

6SpeedTA95

OT Supporter
Jun 12, 2003
Oklahoma
lol, get your tourniquet out:

In hindsight, I would have been better off writing my own workouts from podcasts and using Trainer Day. Trainer Road is married to a product that doesn't work.

View attachment 255492
Trainer road is married to what product that doesn't work? I know quite a few folks that seem to be doing well with TR. So I figured I could try it for 3 or so months and if it doesn't work I'll go back to zwiftooooooo.

black jesus

OT Supporter
Apr 30, 2002
Denton, TX
Trainer road is married to what product that doesn't work? I know quite a few folks that seem to be doing well with TR. So I figured I could try it for 3 or so months and if it doesn't work I'll go back to zwiftooooooo.
Sweet spot training is not a substitute for volume and does substitute for VO2 work.

I know two people who do not train and race mid pack on whatever we call USA crits currently. At a minimum, use your real FTP in the system, not ramp test numbers.

TS
TS
6SpeedTA95

6SpeedTA95

OT Supporter
Jun 12, 2003
Oklahoma
Sweet spot training is not a substitute for volume and does substitute for VO2 work.

I know two people who do not train and race mid pack on whatever we call USA crits currently. At a minimum, use your real FTP in the system, not ramp test numbers.
Yea I agree with you completely. Everything I’ve read says they do a lot of vO2 work and very little sweet spot. You are saying the opposite?

LE ROI LE VEUT

Sep 30, 2015
My best race season was after a winter full of sweet spot on the trainer. Still can’t come close to those power numbers and I race in a higher category now.

TS
TS
6SpeedTA95

6SpeedTA95

OT Supporter
Jun 12, 2003
Oklahoma
Did some quick reading, what TR considers sweet spot is really more like threshold. Z4 is typically 90-104% of FTP.
76366D69-FF22-4A95-A071-1A3A885B6986.jpeg

{hydro}

OT Supporter
Aug 1, 2005
Upstate CA
Watched so many hours of the Vegan Cyclist yesterday :rofl: First time I've seen any of his videos and can see why people might not like him but damn it was motivating. Norcal Cyclist is pretty cool too.

Finally riding regularly again and beating PRs. Want to get my endurance up to go on some longer rides (60+ miles)

kenmei

Squatty Potty
OT Supporter
Mar 10, 2003
Bay Area, CA
Watched so many hours of the Vegan Cyclist yesterday :rofl: First time I've seen any of his videos and can see why people might not like him but damn it was motivating. Norcal Cyclist is pretty cool too.

Finally riding regularly again and beating PRs. Want to get my endurance up to go on some longer rides (60+ miles)

:bowdown: yeah good work. Vegan's self-owning jokes about being a vegan/vegan excuses make him a bit more palatable. He doesn't try to push the bullshit lifestyle, he just is one, so respeck dat.

NorCal lives close-ish, actually in the city that I grew up in :mamoru2: he flew past me once on a ride by my house with some other dude during covid. And Alviso where he does his practice crits is a stones throw away from my office :o I used to ride through there on my normal ride before we bought our house. There's a water treatment plant so it smells like asshole out there, literally.

Alias

OT Supporter
Dec 1, 2004
California _____________

Are you vegan? I think the hardest part would be getting enough protein.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman