CREW Cycling Crew 2022 - Older, slower, fatter, makes you badder

black jesus

OT Supporter
Apr 30, 2002
Denton, TX
Who is racing cyclocross this fall?

First fall MTB race on Sunday :bowdown:

Fall race schedule with MTB, CX, and gravel is insane this year.
I am currently on rest for severe tendonitis in my left arm but hoping to race in three weeks. I paid the full fee for Wednesday racing and if I'm not a weak bitch, I'll do the TXCX series. Also, racing the OZCX race in October in Bentonville.

• Sad
Reactions: 6SpeedTA95

{hydro}

OT Supporter
Aug 1, 2005
Upstate CA
Will a 12 speed quick link work on an 11 speed chain? I have a 12 speed link from my MTB in my repair kit

Last edited:

DieselUV

OT Supporter
Aug 31, 2004
LoCo, VA
stuggle city. somehow woke up dehydrated as hell even though i drank a decent amount last night. i think it was the normatec compression session.

tzlqUJG.jpg

TS
TS
6SpeedTA95

6SpeedTA95

OT Supporter
Jun 12, 2003
Oklahoma
It peaked at 79 :rofl: but on a day that's going to be hot, it feels hotter than 79 on a day that peaks at 79.
Depends what you are used to and dew points too. We had a period were our lows weren’t even that cool, it was more like 82 or 83. But one of my hardest days this year was a day I started the ride at 74 and finished at 81 but the dew point was 73. It was absolutely horrible.

If you are used to riding when it’s 65 and now it’s 80? That’s gonna throw your body for a trip.

DieselUV

OT Supporter
Aug 31, 2004
LoCo, VA
my friend that rode with me cramped so hard at 53 miles his legs seized up and he fell over. he did the normatec shit for 45 min. that's why i think we were both off. i thnk that's why i woke up feeling dehydrated.

vtec1994

It always rains at Le Mans
Jun 11, 2001
Atlanta
First off, havent been on my bike in 6wks, FML.

Went to Europe the 1st week of August, decided to drop my bike off to get a full tune up. Finally tried getting my life in order and put it back on the Kickr, shifts like absolute shit. Put the wheel back on, shifts fine on the stand. Is the cassette on my trainer that bad??

TS
TS
6SpeedTA95

6SpeedTA95

OT Supporter
Jun 12, 2003
Oklahoma
First off, havent been on my bike in 6wks, FML.

Went to Europe the 1st week of August, decided to drop my bike off to get a full tune up. Finally tried getting my life in order and put it back on the Kickr, shifts like absolute shit. Put the wheel back on, shifts fine on the stand. Is the cassette on my trainer that bad??
Could be or could be that you've got a spacer missing on the trainer, which is causing it to index poorly...or, you've got a different gear count on your kicker vs your wheel.

vtec1994

It always rains at Le Mans
Jun 11, 2001
Atlanta
Could be or could be that you've got a spacer missing on the trainer, which is causing it to index poorly...or, you've got a different gear count on your kicker vs your wheel.
Everything worked find prior to the service. The spacer is there, 10spd cassette on both the bike and trainer. I'm assuming the tune up has just really exposed how trash the trainer cassette is.

LE ROI LE VEUT

Sep 30, 2015
We had a mtb race yesterday. I was putting in some hot laps hanging near the front. Had a small crash and a few dudes passed me. Dug deep to try and catch them but didn’t. Was putting in times the same as the cat higher than me and the front guys in my race were way faster than the cat higher. Lol oh well.

Feeling it today.

black jesus

OT Supporter
Apr 30, 2002
Denton, TX
People love their inserts lol

I can’t justify the price. Might try this someday.

I am going to try gravel Air Liners with 35mm Terreno Dry later today. That might be my dry set-up for this La Nina winter in Texas for CX season, keeping the Tufo mixed condition tubulars as well.

LE ROI LE VEUT

Sep 30, 2015
I have two sets of tubulars and think that I’m gonna end up on my tubeless terreno drys quite a bit as well. This will be my first foray into tubeless for cx and I’m just expecting the worst.

Now that Vittoria got rid of tubulars I’m going back to challenge. Going to glue up a Limus and Griffo for the season.

black jesus

OT Supporter
Apr 30, 2002
Denton, TX
I have two sets of tubulars and think that I’m gonna end up on my tubeless terreno drys quite a bit as well. This will be my first foray into tubeless for cx and I’m just expecting the worst.

Now that Vittoria got rid of tubulars I’m going back to challenge. Going to glue up a Limus and Griffo for the season.
You really can't run nice tubulars in most of Texas due to sticker-burrs. So, I run those vulcanized Tufos. They suck, but they survive the race.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman