Elitist Member
OT Supporter
Jan 6, 2005
kanadia
Gravel cushcore you can run the tires at 10psi without burping

Idk a different system that locks the bead that tight

chrislehr

Feb 20, 2001
I haven't ridden in 1.5 weeks and it's legit killing my mood. I don't have an output for useless energy.

Surgery on collarbone is done.. they said six weeks til I can ride, but I have mobility and can support weight already. Appt later today to see what I am allowed to do..

1663079035257.png

• Support
Reactions: black jesus

LE ROI LE VEUT

Sep 30, 2015
Damn! Heal up fast dude. How did you break it? Riding?

I have a few friends who were back spinning on the trainer ~5-7 days post collarbone surgery. I’ve also seen some pros/YouTubers doing similar (ie NCC). But I’ve never experienced that so can’t say it myself.

Also heard that getting surgery after a collarbone break is the way to go. Heals way faster.

chrislehr

Feb 20, 2001
Damn! Heal up fast dude. How did you break it? Riding?

I have a few friends who were back spinning on the trainer ~5-7 days post collarbone surgery. I’ve also seen some pros/YouTubers doing similar (ie NCC). But I’ve never experienced that so can’t say it myself.

Also heard that getting surgery after a collarbone break is the way to go. Heals way faster.

I hit a sweet jump and totally wiped. I was drunk. :(

I am 1.5 weeks healed, but after being broken for a year, I have a LOT of stretching/exercise to do to get my mobility back to 100%

I thought about picking up a trainer, but the PT today said that unless I was not leaning on the handlebars with more than 5lbs weight it's still a no go. So, doc's orders I guess.. I dont want a second surgery.

Alias

OT Supporter
Dec 1, 2004
California _____________
2 months later I'm still fucking around with getting my new shoes right

No knee pain during the right but something doesn't feel quite right, like I have more contact with the left sit bone than my right on the saddle, then after the ride there's pain below and to the side of the knee cap :hs:

ʎǝʞsoɹƆɔW

My name is HiMars
OT Supporter
Jul 21, 2004
Potato Field
headset in my bmc commuter/gravel bike has been squwanking a lot lately. took it apart, top race was missing a bearing, but it also looked like a slightly different cutout than the rest? is that an intentional gap?

Was missing as soon as i took the cover off so if it's supposed to be there it's been gone for an indeterminant amount of time

cleaned, regreased upper and lower assemblies and feels ok.

N8

The red eyes are just allergies.
Dec 27, 2001
Canada
New Cervelo Soloist looks great

Cervelo can go fuck themselves until they drop their proprietary bullshit bottom bracket standard (BBRight).

And I say this as a current Cervelo owner. The bike is wonderful, but the stock BB is creaky as shit and aftermarket replacements also have the same issue. :mad:

CraneCamsOU

Sep 1, 2003
Cervelo can go fuck themselves until they drop their proprietary bullshit bottom bracket standard (BBRight).

And I say this as a current Cervelo owner. The bike is wonderful, but the stock BB is creaky as shit and aftermarket replacements also have the same issue. :mad:
Yeah proprietary Bob's suck, but there are good options out there. Wheels Manufacturing makes good conversion kits I've used before and currently in my BB30 road bike now.

ʎǝʞsoɹƆɔW

My name is HiMars
OT Supporter
Jul 21, 2004
Potato Field
speaking of bottom brackets.....took my threaded BB off the BMC and it took me whacking the wrench with a hammer to remove it (yeah going the right way).

cleaned it up, greased and it won't go back on without cross threading. Tried a few times to get it to thread properly (gently, not torquing a bunch) but it won't. With how quickly it gets wonky i'm not feeling good about chasing the threads back to a usable state :/

So......what are my options?

Last edited:

Catdrew

Elitist Member
OT Supporter
Jan 6, 2005
kanadia

It’s not propriety- a few other manufacturers use it :o

I’ve never had an issue with bb right unless someone is running a dumb crank

What crankset are you using, and what bb have you tried? If the bearings are not roached it might be something else

ʎǝʞsoɹƆɔW

My name is HiMars
OT Supporter
Jul 21, 2004
Potato Field
What in the world is this for?

I might buy one too.
I do a lot of rides that might be road, path, gravel, etc and a hybrid bike works better at that, esp with a little beefier tire like i did with the bmc.

BMC that I fux0red this morning doing maintenance. I'm pretty frustrated because I really like this bike. I have always wished it had a carbon fork with more trail but it's solid. Road tons of miles of concrete, gravel, grass on it. Of course, the only original component is the frame and fork.....

1663453456937.png

the canyon i just ordered should be a good bit lighter, and i think that's the cheapest bike i've ever seen with an ultegra chainset

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman