CREW Cycling Crew 2022 - Older, slower, fatter, makes you badder

ʎǝʞsoɹƆɔW

My name is HiMars
OT Supporter
Jul 21, 2004
Potato Field
Thanks. My buddy in the Bay Area always sends me shit with a return address like "Dildos Unlimited" or "Sex Swings Inc." since he frequents the pro-team liquidation sales out there.
i considered something like that but feeling beat since i popped my shoulder out in my sleep last night and i'm just kinda 'meh' at the moment.

didn't even draw any dicks on the box.

Reactions: black jesus

{hydro}

OT Supporter
Aug 1, 2005
Upstate CA
So I might pick up a Medium Ripley X01 (only size available) and people are saying I could go M or L at 5'9." My SJ Evo S3 felt fine and according to this the cockpit might feel even more roomy. Some say the M can feel cramped at my size but I had no issues with the S3 evo and felt like I had a good amount of room.

It's a good deal and not seeing why I shouldn't go with the M according to the numbers so posting just to see if I'm missing something.

edit: I guess I'd be lower when standing because of the 13mm stack difference

https://geometrygeeks.bike/compare/...ley-v4-2019-medium,ibis-ripley-v4-2019-large/

Screenshot 2022-11-06 at 12.38.58 PM.png

Last edited:

{hydro}

OT Supporter
Aug 1, 2005
Upstate CA
You should ride all of those before you buy. lol Why go from a Stumpjumper to either Ibis?
Sold it because I was riding my road bike 100% of the time because I could leave from the house but want to get back into MTBing. I have a history of not trying stuff and it working out :rofl: I'd have to see where I can find a large Ripley.

I just don't want to buy the exact same bike. It was fun but I'd rather try a different suspension. Looking for something that's less of a sled even though it was a good all arounder.

TS
TS
6SpeedTA95

6SpeedTA95

OT Supporter
Jun 12, 2003
Oklahoma
for what it's worth my best bud is a big time MTB guy, he rides an IBIS and it's a fucking NICE bike, especially for the coin. He's beat that thing and beat it again and it is just rock solid.

Reactions: {hydro}

black jesus

OT Supporter
Apr 30, 2002
Denton, TX
for what it's worth my best bud is a big time MTB guy, he rides an IBIS and it's a fucking NICE bike, especially for the coin. He's beat that thing and beat it again and it is just rock solid.
Well, note that geo is one thing, the way they ride is another. My Scalpel rides way different from an Epic Evo and both are "120/120 XC race bikes" and they sort of could not ride more differently. In this comparison, due to anti-squat numbers in the rear.

{hydro}

OT Supporter
Aug 1, 2005
Upstate CA
Adidas has some killer deals on the 510 freerides. SD2022 + activejunky

I got some canvas flats. Kestrel clipless on Amazon are cheap too

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman