CREW Cycling Crew 2022 - Older, slower, fatter, makes you badder

saabguy

Saab-free since 2013. Mortgage guru
OT Supporter
Aug 11, 2003
Loserville. Population: 1
First ride with the Garmin vector 3, Edge 530 and heart strap. Says VO2 max is 48 and FTP 254.

I'm cycling 2,000 - 3,500 miles per year for a decade plus just as a hobby, no aspirations of racing. Buuuuuut I was hoping for more. At least now I have good training tools and goals for 2022.
How is it calculating your ftp and VO2 max? Did you do a test of some sort?

black jesus

OT Supporter
Apr 30, 2002
Denton, TX
New 2022 Synapse looks hot and threaded bottom bracket!
I love the headset and stem with external cables, love the seat post, hate the top tube, want T47 though Hollowgram is dying, not sure I love the battery thingy and light options. Very cool bike but I'm holding out for the CAAD14.

TS
TS
6SpeedTA95

6SpeedTA95

OT Supporter
Jun 12, 2003
Oklahoma
And gravel or MTB is the fastest on dirt/gravel routes.
True. One thing I hate about ADZ is it's got the "jungle" all around it and there's no real way to do a long ride on pavement unless you want to just do climb after climb. So you wind up dealing with the climb for an hour or so and then wind up being slow through the "Jungle" if you continue riding.

N8

Dec 27, 2001
Canada
True. One thing I hate about ADZ is it's got the "jungle" all around it and there's no real way to do a long ride on pavement unless you want to just do climb after climb. So you wind up dealing with the climb for an hour or so and then wind up being slow through the "Jungle" if you continue riding.
Yeah, I hear you! When I ride the Alpe outside events, there is one route that if you u-turn right at the start you're essentially as close to the Alpe as you can get. *edit, that is the shortcut to the Epic KOM :o

If you're going to ride the Alpe and then do loops of the Jungle after, might be best to stop and switch to a MTB at the transition.

Last edited:
TS
TS
6SpeedTA95

6SpeedTA95

OT Supporter
Jun 12, 2003
Oklahoma
Yeah, I hear you! When I ride the Alpe outside events, there is one route that if you u-turn right at the start you're essentially as close to the Alpe as you can get.

If you're going to ride the Alpe and then do loops of the Jungle after, might be best to stop and switch to a MTB at the transition.
I didn't know you could switch a bike mid ride.

DieselUV

OT Supporter
Aug 31, 2004
LoCo, VA
we moved to this neighborhood that has trails 5 yrs ago. i got myself a Marlin 7 to ride around with the kids. then I got a Sirrus carbon because i saw a good deal. then i sold the Marlin for a Marin RZ C1 for full suspension. then sold the Sirrus for a Allez Sprint Disc for real road riding. then i sold the Marin for a Epic Evo Comp. then i got a Diverge Carbon Sport for gravel. somewhere in there i bought a District single speed just bc i thought it was cool lol.

Reactions: bearsdidit

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anthony 74