CREW Dallas crew 2021: Half our pro sports teams suck, the other two are decent but not top tier

DasVWBabe

OT's Diamond and Gemstone Tutorial Creator
OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia

stevezissou

OT Supporter
Jul 15, 2009
US
Yo, even a burned to a crisp house in Frisco just went pending in 3.5 days.

View attachment 240525

View attachment 240522
Little trick insurance companies do now.

If you house burns down and is insured then insurance will cover it right? Well NOT like you think it will.

Easy numbers for the example.

$500,000 house example.

House is insured for $500,000 > burns down > get a check right? WAIT HOLD Up.

Your lot is worth $100,000(20% estimate) so it is still there.

Now down to $400,000 dwelling.

Insurance company will make you an offer. $280,000 is the most you will get, They "hold back" $120,000 unless you build back. If you don't build back then they keep the $120,000 LMAO.

All of this is assuming there is no "lender" involved, if you have a lender involved then it is between your lender and insurance company at that point when you subrogated your rights by taking a mortgage.

Cliffs = insurance won't pay out all proceeds unless you build back/actually repair house, you will only get 60-70% of possible proceeds otherwise.

Sp33dealer

Bully Troll Crew
Aug 3, 2005
DFW

I had no idea he was professional until a mutual friend mentioned it. Have met him and his wife at a couple of school-wide gatherings. They seem like super wholesome, nice people.
I follow golf but not familiar with him

PGA is moving here, also probably makes sense to be central for reduced travel

I lot of these guys live in AZ, NV, or FL typically

ʎǝʞsoɹƆɔW

Looks like I picked the wrong week....
OT Supporter
Jul 21, 2004
The Potato Field
Little trick insurance companies do now.

If you house burns down and is insured then insurance will cover it right? Well NOT like you think it will.

Easy numbers for the example.

$500,000 house example.

House is insured for $500,000 > burns down > get a check right? WAIT HOLD Up.

Your lot is worth $100,000(20% estimate) so it is still there.

Now down to $400,000 dwelling.

Insurance company will make you an offer. $280,000 is the most you will get, They "hold back" $120,000 unless you build back. If you don't build back then they keep the $120,000 LMAO.

All of this is assuming there is no "lender" involved, if you have a lender involved then it is between your lender and insurance company at that point when you subrogated your rights by taking a mortgage.

Cliffs = insurance won't pay out all proceeds unless you build back/actually repair house, you will only get 60-70% of possible proceeds otherwise.
Guess I should take down my incorrectly installed lightning protection that just so happens to attract lightning then

Not really, my weather station was melted by lightning years ago

• Haha
Reactions: stevezissou

ʎǝʞsoɹƆɔW

Looks like I picked the wrong week....
OT Supporter
Jul 21, 2004
The Potato Field
Hmmm I should hit up my parents. They've been holding out 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Yep

When I worked for the phone company a buddy that made exactly what I did but had like 3x the existing debt bought a house I knew he couldn’t budget

“Oh my parents fronted a 50% down payment as a gift”

“Fuck You you’re not getting a house warming present”

DasVWBabe

OT's Diamond and Gemstone Tutorial Creator
OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia
Couple of friends in Austin got condos downtown as college graduation presents

For the record…. When I gave my parents the framed original diploma they literally said “oh” then we went to outback
Same.

But my sister married a doctor's son so they've had down payments for 2 homes covered. Must be nice.

Reactions: ʎǝʞsoɹƆɔW

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.9.0 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
West1971