CREW Dallas crew 2021: Half our pro sports teams suck, the other two are decent but not top tier

ʎǝʞsoɹƆɔW

Looks like I picked the wrong week....
OT Supporter
Jul 21, 2004
The Potato Field
My friend is missing that gen. right now. But he's the kinda guy that if we haven't talked in a month he has cycled through like 3 cars in the interim.

View attachment 240677
\

Bonus corgi.
hmmmm may have worked on tthe 2nd one at one point.

made a lot of money in college writing about z cars , working on them, selling parts for Z cars and other cars ) and running a few websites. Kept me very well fed.

Each generation of those stupid cars brought its own personality. Old Z cars...those guys just won't let those fuckers die even when they aren't safe to even sit in, much less drive. Z31 owners were the most chill. Z31Turbo owners are like crackheads because back then you could take a $1200 POS and run 12.99 with almost no work.

Z32TT owners had an obsession with outrunning big turbo Supras, which isn't going to happen with the VG30DETT and fucked their cars up instead of enjoying them. People always asked me why I didn't upgrade mine with all the shit I had available (mine ran a pretty chill setup, never broke 400 at the wheels) and I told them i liked to drive them not work on them. Spent my free time in the hill country and occasionally ignoring cops on mopac.

Z33 people were like "our car is so fast" and no...they weren't. And the Z32TT crowd loved to remind them all the time....until they went to an actual race track and suffered terrible brake fade or spun them into the sand because all the bushings in the rear had turned to shit and the diff was never very helpful.

ʎǝʞsoɹƆɔW

OT Supporter
Jul 21, 2004
The Potato Field
weekend at mccroskey's house long ago

life back then....go to class...maybe hand deliver some parts if the customer was on or could meet near campus, then to work on cars for one company while simultaneously selling parts for another. get home, work on an article for a magazine. strip club
then weekend.....work on more fucking 300ZXs at the house.....every.k..fucking weekend

P3150065.JPG

that's why i basically don't really care much about cars now though

ʎǝʞsoɹƆɔW

OT Supporter
Jul 21, 2004
The Potato Field
Part of me really wants a Z32 but I’m not sure I need a bigger headache than an LS 944

you don't. they are a beautiful car to eat up any kind of road fast with. but time has done terrible things to them. Even by the early 00s the wiring harnesses were crumbling. I doubt there's a TT running right now with a factory style Nissan injector because the ethanol killed them. Most of the TTs prob have low compression in cyl 5 and 6.

I've entertained the idea of getting another Z32 but I always return to 2 things. It would end up with an old SOHC VG30ET in it (built of course) or a 6.2L chevy motor. And the reality is, a camaro SS would be better performing still, although the Z32's interior layout is still the best I've ever seen.

Reactions: I<3URANUS

ʎǝʞsoɹƆɔW

OT Supporter
Jul 21, 2004
The Potato Field
oh shit, i found a photo of hoopty

paid $1050 for that pile of trash on the right. Put a $25 K& N cone on it (oem air filter will break in half at 12psi), $40 hallman boost controller and ran 13.5 @ 103. Added some suspension upgrades and it was a blast to drive. Wish I still had it.

and the black z32 on the left later almost cut my arm off.

1657854124269.png

• Support
Reactions: Scottwax and herpes

I<3URANUS

I can ride my bike with no handlebars.
OT Supporter
Sep 17, 2002
Dallas, TX
Zerin was big into VAG performance for a number of years with Audis and VWs. Talking about going back to the early 2000s when OT was still much more of a car board, etc.
Yup. I remember him and I chatted at some vw meets a long time ago.

Surprised I never ran into you, @DasVWBabe but who knows we probably did but just never knew it.

Reactions: DasVWBabe

DasVWBabe

OT's Diamond and Gemstone Tutorial Creator
OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia
Yup. I remember him and I chatted at some vw meets a long time ago.

Surprised I never ran into you, @DasVWBabe but who knows we probably did but just never knew it.
I'm sure we 100% did. I was down in Houston or Ennis or mid cities for every stupid VW/Audi thing from 2000 til like 2004. Then some random stuff from then on.

Reactions: I<3URANUS

herpes

OT Supporter
Jun 4, 2005
dfw
oh shit, i found a photo of hoopty

paid $1050 for that pile of trash on the right. Put a $25 K& N cone on it (oem air filter will break in half at 12psi), $40 hallman boost controller and ran 13.5 @ 103. Added some suspension upgrades and it was a blast to drive. Wish I still had it.

and the black z32 on the left later almost cut my arm off.

View attachment 240695
My hotair buick went [email protected] when the rest of them couldnt break the 15s with thousands in mods. I paid $0 for it.

It had a 2.5" downpipe, homemade CAI made out of 3 inch mandrel tubing from smileys, a 1987 ignition/ecm upgrade (not an upgrade really, like getting rid of an opti), an electric fan, ford bluetop injectors and a chip from one of the best tuners in the country.

Everyone thought I was lying.

Sp33dealer

Bully Troll Crew
Aug 3, 2005
DFW
Cccccombo breaker

We are looking to add concrete to backyard to extend patio. I was quoted over phone $26k for 1400 sq ft what the fuck :bowrofl: she said it’s an early price and it would come down but they must be baking in there a real thick slab

I need to shop around

• Wow
Reactions: DasVWBabe

DasVWBabe

OT's Diamond and Gemstone Tutorial Creator
OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia
Cccccombo breaker

We are looking to add concrete to backyard to extend patio. I was quoted over phone $26k for 1400 sq ft what the fuck :bowrofl: she said it’s an early price and it would come down but they must be baking in there a real thick slab

I need to shop around
In 2018, we did like 1.5k sq ft. with flagstone and then a 20' x 15' cedar sheathed hip-roof patio cover for $35k. The concrete was like $7k of it. Flagstone another $5k, IIRC?

Sp33dealer

Bully Troll Crew
Aug 3, 2005
DFW
In 2018, we did like 1.5k sq ft. with flagstone and then a 20' x 15' cedar sheathed hip-roof patio cover for $35k. The concrete was like $7k of it. Flagstone another $5k, IIRC?
Wow ya I don’t get it. I’m just looking at basic brushed concrete. Maybe she fucked up and assumed something different

01ACRViper

Official OT LOTR Guru......... Spurs >*
Jul 12, 2001
Dallas
True they are a backyard reno company

The scope of my project isn’t very big right now so I might be better off going to a concrete company and find someone to do some of the other things

i hope it's cheaper with a concrete company too :noes:

we need ~1,000 sq ft patio poured sometime soon. i work for a company that has ready mix locations, and we supposedly get an employee discount. but i'm on the very tip of the upstream part of the business and don't know anyone on that side of things :wtc:

• Support
Reactions: Sp33dealer

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.9.0 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wet0529