CREW Dallas crew 2021: Half our pro sports teams suck, the other two are decent but not top tier

DasVWBabe

OT's Diamond and Gemstone Tutorial Creator
OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia
The Eclipse was the last car Mitsu made that sold worth a shit in the US, so of course you have to go around and slap the Eclipse name on everything.
Colleague (English guy) was like "I thought the Eclipse was a little roadster little deal. You know, like the TR7?"

My reply was something like "Have you never seen 'Fast & the Furious'. . .?"

• Haha
Reactions: Rev. Johnny Vegas

ʎǝʞsoɹƆɔW

Looks like I picked the wrong week....
OT Supporter
Jul 21, 2004
The Potato Field
time to find a new doctor i guess.

going through the mail i see what i think is a bill....was like "ugh i shouldn't owe anyything".....nope. Letting me know my doctor passed away. dude was super healthy too and all i can find was he died at home.

chill dude, he was always amazed at my shitty health but good cycling numbers back when i used to get a lot of miles in. Of course, he ad a fancy bike that hung on the wall at home because.....doctor. But he owned that stereotype well.

DasVWBabe

OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia
'Mad for Chicken'.

Very, very meh. THere's a few in DFW and i've tried the one in flower mound 2x and it's been meh both times.
They just opened one in Frisco near me. I've heard it's great, but granted, I don't talk to too many people that live here. :o

DasVWBabe

OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia
If anyone is bored and has not been in the Holy Grail thread yet, read it from start to finish. I have been giggling through the whole thing and now "Oldsmobile" has a completely different meaning to me. :rofl:

Reactions: I<3URANUS

I<3URANUS

I can ride my bike with no handlebars.
OT Supporter
Sep 17, 2002
Dallas, TX
If anyone is bored and has not been in the Holy Grail thread yet, read it from start to finish. I have been giggling through the whole thing and now "Oldsmobile" has a completely different meaning to me. :rofl:
Little bit something for everyone 🤣🤣🤣🤣

DasVWBabe

OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia
oh shit, i found a photo of hoopty

paid $1050 for that pile of trash on the right. Put a $25 K& N cone on it (oem air filter will break in half at 12psi), $40 hallman boost controller and ran 13.5 @ 103. Added some suspension upgrades and it was a blast to drive. Wish I still had it.

and the black z32 on the left later almost cut my arm off.

View attachment 240695
For you today!

1658015761944.png

DasVWBabe

OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia
true story....

my sophomore year in high school we were on a band trip in a bus and when i looked down at the 280ZX next to us the dude was getting a blowie. Chick sitting in the bus behind me was mortified.
This dude was very much not getting his dick touched. :ugh2:

DasVWBabe

OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia
Everything was super salty. Would’ve rather just gone to Nonna.

The design and atmosphere was nice though
I still hold Lucia & Uchi as my top restaurants in Dallas now that Fauna closed.

Friend of ours said Carbone "totally blew it away" and I was very suspicious of that claim. Haven't been to Nonna, though so it looks like dinners out are back on the menu. :bigthumb:

popey

OT Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
I still hold Lucia & Uchi as my top restaurants in Dallas now that Fauna closed.

Friend of ours said Carbone "totally blew it away" and I was very suspicious of that claim. Haven't been to Nonna, though so it looks like dinners out are back on the menu. :bigthumb:
You definitely need to do Nonna then.

The white clam pizza is crazy

Reactions: DasVWBabe

popey

OT Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
So at these high end Italian places…the key is to skip the main meaty dishes.

At Nonna get 1-2 appetizers, 1 salad, 1 pizza, and 2 pastas for a party of two

Reactions: DasVWBabe

DasVWBabe

OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia
So at these high end Italian places…the key is to skip the main meaty dishes.

At Nonna get 1-2 appetizers, 1 salad, 1 pizza, and 2 pastas for a party of two
No meat @ Nonna. Got it. ;)

Not sure if you ever went to David Uyger's other restaurant Macellaio, but I'm dying for him to open another place like it. It was fantastic and I'm sad we only got to go a couple of times. :hs:

1658078522072.png

popey

OT Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
No meat @ Nonna. Got it. ;)

Not sure if you ever went to David Uyger's other restaurant Macellaio, but I'm dying for him to open another place like it. It was fantastic and I'm sad we only got to go a couple of times. :hs:

View attachment 241549
i only got to try it like once. pretty solid, was surprised it never took off or was it covid related?

Users who are viewing this thread

• About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
    OT v15.9.0 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
    Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
    Guests online
    Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Msds