CREW Dallas crew 2021: Half our pro sports teams suck, the other two are decent but not top tier

Boudreaux

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2002
DFW, Texas
Been here a couple times, I can see it from my desk.

Not bad for an Arlington joint.

01ACRViper

Official OT LOTR Guru......... Spurs >*
Jul 12, 2001
Dallas
Ya'll I couldn't get a second booster on Saturday since I'm not old enough and I stated I'm not moderately immunocompromised. The appointment was accepted but they turned me away when I got there.

How fucked up is that? :mad:

That being said, I'm post-COVID 2x in 2022 and I'm about to "lie" to get myself a booster. I have Grave's but don't think it's on the list, sadly. :hs:

with how low booster demand is these days i wouldn't hesitate to lie about being immunocompromised :o

if there was a mad rush and people that needed them couldn't find a shot :nope:

ʎǝʞsoɹƆɔW

Looks like I picked the wrong week....
OT Supporter
Jul 21, 2004
The Potato Field
So yummy Thai in flower mound is my Monday lunch joint. Finally got to “Thai grilled chicken” on the menu

Figured small boneless chicken with some rice and veggies

Nah…. Whole damn marinated and grilled chicken and a box of rice.

Very tasty. Could eat for two days really but I’m still hungry from riding yesterday so it’s gone except the rice. Good deal for 11.99

TS
TS
Scottwax

Scottwax

Making detailing great again!
May 5, 2000
Home of the Texas Rangers
Been here a couple times, I can see it from my desk.

Not bad for an Arlington joint.

Heard about it, had some really mixed reviews from a few years ago. I hear they have new management.

Scoob_13

Hello Nice FBI Lady
Oct 5, 2001
Howdy Arabia
I was actually reading about that last week as my AC unit gets full sun from like 9am to 6pm.

The consensus was that it doesn't do shit if it impeded airflow in any way, and from that picture I can tell you that unit (which weirdly looks a lot like my old house :rofl: ) isn't even on becausea the umbrella isn't full like a parachute.

If anything, a water spray on the condenser would do more because the evaporative cooling would improve things more, but weirdly we're in a drought too, thanks Obama.

DasVWBabe

OT's Diamond and Gemstone Tutorial Creator
OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia
I was actually reading about that last week as my AC unit gets full sun from like 9am to 6pm.

The consensus was that it doesn't do shit if it impeded airflow in any way, and from that picture I can tell you that unit (which weirdly looks a lot like my old house :rofl: ) isn't even on becausea the umbrella isn't full like a parachute.

If anything, a water spray on the condenser would do more because the evaporative cooling would improve things more, but weirdly we're in a drought too, thanks Obama.
Friend set this up at his house. :rofl: Our AC unit is on the north side so the house itself shades it nearly all day. The downside is that if you trip while servicing it, it's a 12'-15' drop down into the green space below. :noes:

1658175957494.png

Scoob_13

Hello Nice FBI Lady
Oct 5, 2001
Howdy Arabia
I mean its no Pappas Bros Steakhouse, but it gets points for convenience. and the view actually is pretty dope for being in Arlington.
We used to love the Mercury Chophouse in downtown FTW before it closed down.

Not shabby for steak but the location was pretty good.

It's gotta knock anything in Arlington out the water :o

stevezissou

OT Supporter
Jul 15, 2009
US

Friend set this up at his house. :rofl: Our AC unit is on the north side so the house itself shades it nearly all day. The downside is that if you trip while servicing it, it's a 12'-15' drop down into the green space below. :noes:

View attachment 241871
lmao

"HOUSTON – We turned to the experts after seeing a photo heavily circulating on social media on Monday showing a beach umbrella shading an outdoor air-conditioning unit.

This is what we found out from air-conditioning experts:

“You don’t want to do that,” cautioned Blair Bodensteiner, owner of Bodensteiner Service Inc.

He explained that air conditioners are designed to be out in the heat. The units discharge air out of the top and recirculate the air. Putting anything too close to the A/C will cause the system to recirculate the same hot air it is blowing out. This is not good for your air conditioning unit.

Fellow expert Matt Lopez, of Abacus Plumbing, Air Conditioning & Electrical, shared a similar message with KPRC 2: “Never cover the AC unit as this can cause the unit to actually run harder and cool less effectively. The hot discharged air will hit the cover and recirculate back into the coil of the unit thus increasing the temp of the air moving across this coil which is use to remove the heat from the system. AC units need at least 18 (inches of) clearance around the unit COIL for proper air flow. So if your grass is grown up, cut it, if you have shrubs or bushes around the unit, remove or cut them back.”"

Reactions: Scottwax

Boudreaux

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2002
DFW, Texas
He explained that air conditioners are designed to be out in the heat. The units discharge air out of the top and recirculate the air. Putting anything too close to the A/C will cause the system to recirculate the same hot air it is blowing out. This is not good for your air conditioning unit.
People out here never heard of wind smh

plus, all the damn air is hot already. might as well make the housing for all of it at least a little cooler.

stevezissou

OT Supporter
Jul 15, 2009
US
People out here never heard of wind smh

plus, all the damn air is hot already. might as well make the housing for all of it at least a little cooler.
I think people are getting confused.

YES, NATURAL shade as from a building/trees/bushes will help an A/C unit.

NO, shade from an umbrella/tarp/roof that IMPEDES exhausting of hot air and forces "hot air recirculation" will not help.

If that makes more sense.

Boudreaux

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2002
DFW, Texas
I think people are getting confused.

YES, NATURAL shade as from a building/trees/bushes will help an A/C unit.

NO, shade from an umbrella/tarp/roof that IMPEDES exhausting of hot air and forces "hot air recirculation" will not help.

If that makes more sense.
I'm going to argue that past a height of like 5ish feet from the exhaust it wont matter if you have a a tarp/umbrella/etc.

Boudreaux

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2002
DFW, Texas
even in the article

em. AC units need at least 18 (inches of) clearance around the unit COIL for proper air flow.
they made it sound like dont place a cover directly on top of your unit, which, i'm sure people are dumb enough to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

• About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
    OT v15.9.0 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
    Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
    Guests online
    Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Msds