CREW Dallas crew 2021: Half our pro sports teams suck, the other two are decent but not top tier

ʎǝʞsoɹƆɔW

My name is HiMars
OT Supporter
Jul 21, 2004
Potato Field
Is there no decency left? To shoot up a place of healing disgusts me.
shooter was on parole for aggraveated robbery and had an ankle monitor. (sure worked great notifying the police he left the location he was supposed to be confined to)

pretty reasonable assumption that he hasn't been a decent human being in a while

Reactions: cyclaptor
TS
TS
Scottwax

Scottwax

Making detailing great again!
May 5, 2000
Home of the Texas Rangers
shooter was on parole for aggraveated robbery and had an ankle monitor. (sure worked great notifying the police he left the location he was supposed to be confined to)

pretty reasonable assumption that he hasn't been a decent human being in a while
Court system not doing a very good job keeping these pieces of shit in prison.

Reactions: stevezissou

ʎǝʞsoɹƆɔW

My name is HiMars
OT Supporter
Jul 21, 2004
Potato Field
People seem to live in a fantasy land where they don't see the absolute savages/criminals that walk amongst us. Or maybe they are just fortunate enough to be able to afford housing far enough away that they're forgotten about.

This dude is a real winner.

Who is Nestor Hernandez?

According to his Facebook page, Hernandez attended W.T. White High School in North Dallas of the Dallas Independent School District.
Hernandez appeared in Dallas County courts on multiple charges as a young man -- including a 2012 robbery conviction and a 2009 delinquent conduct constituting the felony offense of assault of a public servant -- before ultimately accepting a plea deal on an aggravated robbery charge he faced in 2015.
A first-degree felony, aggravated robbery charges carry sentences of five to 99 years or life in prison, as well as an optional fine not to exceed $10,000.
Per his plea agreement in the aggravated assault -- dated September 15, 2015 -- Hernandez was given eight years in prison for pleading guilty to the charges.

Why was Nestor Hernandez incarcerated?

According to an indictment, Hernandez and an accomplice named Selena Villatoro were arrested on January 17, 2015, on charges of aggravated robbery.
Per the indictment, Hernandez and Villatoro were suspected of approaching a woman as she entered her North Dallas apartment, striking her in the back of the head, pulling her to the ground by her hair, putting their hands around her throat, telling her "Don't scream or I'll kill you!" and demanding that she open the door to her apartment.

The indictment further adds that, once they forced their way inside the apartment, the suspects told the victim, "Don't look at us or we'll kill you!" before striking her again, demanding property and money and scouring the apartment for valuables. As the suspects "ransacked" the victims apartment, the indictment continues, the victim found a knife on the floor and attempted to defend herself, leading to a struggle over the knife before the victim was struck again and forced into the bathroom, her hands tied together and her eyes covered with tape.
Per the indictment, the suspects took a cellphone, a car, $3,000 in cash from a school fundraiser and other documents from the victim before leaving the apartment. According to the indictment, Hernandez and Villatoro were arrested in a different part of town later that day on unrelated charges of public intoxication and traffic ticket warrants. The affidavit notes that the suspects were driving the victim's car at the time of that arrest, and that officers recovered backpacks, cash and other property identified as belonging to the victim, although the suspects maintained all of it belonged to them.
While being interrogated, the indictment says, Villatoro confessed to injecting heroin earlier in the evening.
Both Hernandez and Villatoro later pleaded guilty to charges of aggravated assault for the January 17, 2015 complaint. According to their plea agreements, Hernandez was given eight years in prison for his plea, and Villatoro was given five years.

Reactions: Scottwax

ʎǝʞsoɹƆɔW

My name is HiMars
OT Supporter
Jul 21, 2004
Potato Field
Reminds me when I got sent to Rockaway Brooklyn for work and was told it was one of the roughest parts of NYC and the people there were far nicer than the people in my area now.

legal eagle

Dickface
OT Supporter
Jul 13, 2005
Dallas, TX
strongly considering going R for the Dallas County DA. I've never voted that way.
The plea bargain for Hernandez was approved by Faith Johnson, who was the Dallas County District Attorney at the time (R). She's the one running against Cruezot (D). Honestly, Cruezot is really good--so keep that in mind.

legal eagle

Dickface
OT Supporter
Jul 13, 2005
Dallas, TX
@cyclaptor @legal eagle first 60 seconds dude brings up "disparity" and "inequity" lmao hard pass for me.

eh he has to tow the party line

i know many of these folks professionally and/or personally so i go with who I believe will do as just of a job as possible, even if i don't agree with everything

Reactions: cyclaptor

cyclaptor

OT Supporter
Sep 8, 2006
Arlington Texas
The plea bargain for Hernandez was approved by Faith Johnson, who was the Dallas County District Attorney at the time (R). She's the one running against Cruezot (D). Honestly, Cruezot is really good--so keep that in mind.
I do like his stance on criminal justice reform, I don't like the increase in crime. I haven't found any dirt on Faith Johnson. That'd probably sway my decision.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman