CREW Dallas crew 2021: Half our pro sports teams suck, the other two are decent but not top tier

jrmcm

This world shall know pro-pain
Oct 9, 2001
Plano, TX
Has anyone been to this place?
Friend’s boss took them there the other week and he said it was fantastic.

Boudreaux

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2002
DFW, Texas
my mom at least understands, but she's nose blind to it. and she hasn't been over in about a year so I've forgotten how potent it can be. like. its just HER and her stuff but my entire apt smells like paul malls now

ʎǝʞsoɹƆɔW

My name is HiMars
OT Supporter
Jul 21, 2004
Potato Field
i used to get drug into the principal's office all the time in grade school to talk about my smoking.
other people used to ask me for a light and i was like " i don't smoke" and they thought i was being a dick.

then I eventually went off to college, and the first morning when i walked into my closet i was like "WHAT THE FUCK?" and spent the rest of the day washing everything i own twice (so many quarters)

then i realized why everyone insisted i was a smoker all those years.

mom eventually quit after smoking related complications almost killed her 2x. then it killed dad dead as fuck.

Reactions: Scottwax

DasVWBabe

OT's Diamond and Gemstone Tutorial Creator
OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia
Has anyone been to this place?
Friend’s boss took them there the other week and he said it was fantastic.

I saw that! Have not been there, but we have the ability to make some amazing steaks via sous vide, so I'm less interested in steak houses.

Where are the best PNW or East Coast oysters? :x:

Last edited:

Scoob_13

Hello Nice FBI Lady
Oct 5, 2001
Howdy Arabia
i used to get drug into the principal's office all the time in grade school to talk about my smoking.
other people used to ask me for a light and i was like " i don't smoke" and they thought i was being a dick.

then I eventually went off to college, and the first morning when i walked into my closet i was like "WHAT THE FUCK?" and spent the rest of the day washing everything i own twice (so many quarters)

then i realized why everyone insisted i was a smoker all those years.

mom eventually quit after smoking related complications almost killed her 2x. then it killed dad dead as fuck.
The time I realized there was an issue was 3rd grade. One of the parents who drove our carpool asked me pointedly if I smoked.

Again, 3rd grade. 7, maybe 8 years old.

I said no and asked why she asked me, and she said no reason. I didn’t think much of it at the time.

It didn’t dawn on me until years later and I realized why I rarely spent the night at certain peoples homes, or why they didn’t spend time at mine, oh why certain girls would hang out after swimming and at their place but never at my house or if we hadn’t been swimming. No one ever straight up told me why, and it was incredibly embarrassing and frustrating.

Looking back it was fairly traumatizing and why I have issues with certain things, including an allergy to cigarette smoke (my throat starts getting sore, sinuses start running, and eventually if exposed long enough I’ll start coughing like I’ve got something stuck in my throat and can’t clear it, and it takes a couple of days to go back to normal), and an intense irrational hatred for smells like cigarette smoke, pot, etc.

It’s also why I’m blunt and to the point with talking to people about smells and things like that :o

Scoob_13

Hello Nice FBI Lady
Oct 5, 2001
Howdy Arabia
she goes out to the covered patio, but she chains indoors at her place so everything she owns and therefore brought REEKS
My pothead FIL who doesn’t shower is riding with us to Colorado and I straight up told the wife he should come over the day before we leave so he can shower and we can do his laundry.

Also I cannot begin to express how much I fear for our sanity as he’s a conspiracy nut without an off switch.

Scoob_13

Hello Nice FBI Lady
Oct 5, 2001
Howdy Arabia
I saw that! Have not been there, but we have the ability to make some amazing steaks via sous vide, so I'm less interested in steak houses.

Where are the best PNW or East Coast oysters? :x:
I can’t speak to oysters but next time you’re in Portland try https://www.mediterraneanexplorationcompany.com/?utm_content=f874eda6-772d-4a82-8c61-e412ea7cbcc4

It was all awesome, and the lamb was ridiculous. I don’t think there was something on the menu that we didn’t order that wasn’t worth ordering twice. *Maybe* the hanger steak and that was only because the other options were so damn good :rofl:

Reactions: DasVWBabe

DasVWBabe

OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia
I can’t speak to oysters but next time you’re in Portland try https://www.mediterraneanexplorationcompany.com/?utm_content=f874eda6-772d-4a82-8c61-e412ea7cbcc4

It was all awesome, and the lamb was ridiculous. I don’t think there was something on the menu that we didn’t order that wasn’t worth ordering twice. *Maybe* the hanger steak and that was only because the other options were so damn good :rofl:

Awesome. Will be there in late April.

Staying for a week in Coos Bay/North Bend but ultimately trying to decide between Portland/Vancouver, WA area, Eugene or Salem or the south bay.

Scoob_13

Hello Nice FBI Lady
Oct 5, 2001
Howdy Arabia
Awesome. Will be there in late April.

Staying for a week in Coos Bay/North Bend but ultimately trying to decide between Portland/Vancouver, WA area, Eugene or Salem or the south bay.
Oh actually there was a restaurant called Departure on the top of the Nines hotel that had oysters but I didn’t try them. Table across from me kept ordering them though.

They had some other amazeballs things.

Skip the chili prawns. Get the wagyu meatball bao buns and the pork belly.

Reactions: DasVWBabe

DasVWBabe

OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia
Oh actually there was a restaurant called Departure on the top of the Nines hotel that had oysters but I didn’t try them. Table across from me kept ordering them though.

They had some other amazeballs things.

Skip the chili prawns. Get the wagyu meatball bao buns and the pork belly.

:bigthumb:

Grammie and Poppy are coming with us so we can spend nights alone in each city. Plan to gorge myself on oysters. 🤣

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman