CREW Dallas crew 2021: Half our pro sports teams suck, the other two are decent but not top tier

ʎǝʞsoɹƆɔW

My name is HiMars
OT Supporter
Jul 21, 2004
Potato Field
The time I realized there was an issue was 3rd grade. One of the parents who drove our carpool asked me pointedly if I smoked.

Again, 3rd grade. 7, maybe 8 years old.

I said no and asked why she asked me, and she said no reason. I didn’t think much of it at the time.

It didn’t dawn on me until years later and I realized why I rarely spent the night at certain peoples homes, or why they didn’t spend time at mine, oh why certain girls would hang out after swimming and at their place but never at my house or if we hadn’t been swimming. No one ever straight up told me why, and it was incredibly embarrassing and frustrating.

Looking back it was fairly traumatizing and why I have issues with certain things, including an allergy to cigarette smoke (my throat starts getting sore, sinuses start running, and eventually if exposed long enough I’ll start coughing like I’ve got something stuck in my throat and can’t clear it, and it takes a couple of days to go back to normal), and an intense irrational hatred for smells like cigarette smoke, pot, etc.

It’s also why I’m blunt and to the point with talking to people about smells and things like that :o
yep. almost never took a girl to my parents house in highschool because it looked like london fog in there and they didn't want to go.

walls were all yellow and shit.

then people were all surprised when the doctor told dad "yep you have lung cancer and it's going to kill you" and a few relatives were like "IT MUST HAVE BEEN A CHEMICAL HE WAS EXPOSED TO IN THE AIR FORCE" in between puffs of their own cigarettes. Then they got mad at me when i was like "maybe it was the 2 cartons a week of smoking random toxic chemicals.....just maybe".

Reactions: Scottwax

Scoob_13

Hello Nice FBI Lady
Oct 5, 2001
Howdy Arabia
yep. almost never took a girl to my parents house in highschool because it looked like london fog in there and they didn't want to go.

then people were all surprised when the doctor told dad "yep you have lung cancer and it's going to kill you" and a few relatives were like "IT MUST HAVE BEEN A CHEMICAL HE WAS EXPOSED TO IN THE AIR FORCE" in between puffs of their own cigarettes. Then they got mad at me when i was like "maybe it was the 2 cartons a week of smoking random toxic chemicals.....just maybe".
Dad ended up with leukemia and my brother just passed from lung cancer. Both 63. Both smoked like crazy.

My mom gave up smoking when I was in high school, and she’s turning 80 in 2 weeks.

She’s also tough and stubborn :rofl:

Scoob_13

Hello Nice FBI Lady
Oct 5, 2001
Howdy Arabia

Yeah we had a few of those at my brothers memorial. “Must have been from all those years out umpiring under the jets.”

The fuck.

ʎǝʞsoɹƆɔW

My name is HiMars
OT Supporter
Jul 21, 2004
Potato Field
Dad ended up with leukemia and my brother just passed from lung cancer. Both 63. Both smoked like crazy.

My mom gave up smoking when I was in high school, and she’s turning 80 in 2 weeks.

She’s also tough and stubborn :rofl:
yeah i assume my mom will outlive me and my brother.

figure i'm due for a heart attack or severe stroke at any moment in addition to maybe crashing a mountain bike too hard to live through. Brother is all fucked up so he could kick off at any moment.

• Wow
Reactions: Scottwax

Scoob_13

Hello Nice FBI Lady
Oct 5, 2001
Howdy Arabia
I gave up smoking after a couple puffs on the first one a few friends and I smoked. I don't know how anyone gets past that.
I have literally never smoked or done any drugs because of it.

Hell, I didn’t even drink until I was 22. And even then I think I was mid 20’s before I got hammered.

ʎǝʞsoɹƆɔW

My name is HiMars
OT Supporter
Jul 21, 2004
Potato Field
I have literally never smoked or done any drugs because of it.

Hell, I didn’t even drink until I was 22. And even then I think I was mid 20’s before I got hammered.
never done any illlegal drugs. Not out of some moral BS but mainly i didn't want to smoke anything and knew not to do anything harder than pot. (my family has addiction probs in a bad way)

my early to mid 20s were straight up staying drunk for weeks on end to function though. Sober up to drive, get home, knock out a 1/2 bottle of vodka, pass out, do it again.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman